Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SAHM's, how much does your hubby make?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Mine makes $17.58 an hr and $26 an hr overtime after his regular 8 hrs.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2012 at 3:13 PM
Replies (281-290):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2012 at 1:42 AM
Quoting ChloeDolce:

.... Yeah I commented how I don't have to feel bad or think twice about purchasing a coach or Burberry purse (2 of my favorites:-) ).... And I got back so many responses that condemned me stating that most SAHM don't have the luxury of doing that ..... And out of I think 5-6 of the bashes they all said I am not aware what a Burberry is- never heard of that one- !! :-)
So I get what you mean I am not a snob- I was responding to a post that was put up ( I forget about what) my husband enjoys being able to provide for all of us and I certainly don't take advantage of it - he knows certain things I like are a little pricey shoes bags ....he knows it's a girl thing and totally gets it and knows it's me! :-)
Woman are so snarky with other woman especially when it comes to purchases
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2012 at 1:51 AM

wow....... 250/week

miyucamui
by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 3:27 AM

53k a year, then 1000 a month goes to child support, the rest to bills.

BumMaker
by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 4:21 AM

Mine only makes about $25,000/year, but I can't say we'd be up shit creek if something were to happen to him (at least for a while anyway until I could find a job) because we live well below our means. We both felt like me staying home with our baby for the first year was very important, so there was pretty much no negotiating that. I can't even say that we have to sacrifice much either. I mean, we do cloth diaper, which was an initial $200 up front. I breast feed, so we don't have to buy formula.....that's about it. We have 2 children btw.

BumMaker
by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 4:43 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

My husband makes $145,000 a year plus 20%-40% annual bonuses and I still don't stay home.

I cannot fathom how a woman would stay home when her husband barely makes enough to support a family.  Having a child does not render you useless.  I guess some people are satified with living with the bare minimum and barely being able to provide for their children.  It boggles my mind.  I don't have to work to pay any of our bills and yet I still wouldn't quit unless he made at least $200K guaranteed.  Any financial expert will tell you the quickest way to bury yourself financially is to have only one income.

And we have one child.

Why do you think that a SAHM's job is useless? My so and I BOTH made the choice. It's a personal one, and which ever one you (anyone) make I just hope it's the one that's best for your family, REGARDLESS. I can't fathom my month old baby going to daycare and having strangers raise her pretty much. It all depends on your priorities.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2012 at 5:26 AM

$10 an hour, 43 hours a week, and we BARELY make it. Every week is such a struggle, life isn't much fun, If we weren't on lin and wic we wouldn't eat...

andiecheyenne
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2012 at 6:01 AM
$11 or $12 something an hour, I don't remember what ot is. Once bills get caught up we'll be comfortable, and I plan on making things and selling them on etsy while I'm in college and when I get out I hope to get my dream job of being a physical therapist. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rhanford
by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 6:11 AM

Mine makes 30,500.00 a year , he's an E-5 in teh navy, we have two kids and I am unable to work atm due to injury.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2012 at 6:14 AM
50,000 a year which is is good where I live.
CreziaMommyTo2
by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 6:25 AM

he doesnt tell you?  OMG, what kind of marriage do you have?  

Quoting AnnaHuney:

I have no idea.  He doesnt tell me.  I know we arent rich, and I know we arent poor. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)