Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What would you do if your husband gained a lot of weight, would you consider cheating or leaving him? Would it be justified?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

If your husband were to gain A LOT of weight. I'm talking 50 pounds plus?   You have told your husband numerous times how much you are bothered by his weight gain and you try to productively help him lead a healthier life-style, but he will not take his weight problem seriously.  Would you think of cheating or leaving your husband because of it?  Do you think cheating or leaving your husband would be justified in a situation like this?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2012 at 1:10 PM
Replies (31-40):
conweis
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Uggh my SO gained over 200lbs needless to say our sex life has dropped tremendously. When he starts acting like an ass I remind him. He is lacking in the beauty department so he needs to make to make up for it in the personality department. I am a bitch but he loves me regardless :)

sPiCyNiNjAkItTy
by on Mar. 9, 2012 at 1:34 PM

My husband did. And I still love him like crazy. He is still very attractive to me. I've also gained 30 (lost 20) he's loved me the whole time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2012 at 1:34 PM

i'd probably leave if he refused to do anything. i'm am in no way attracted to fat men. but luckily SO has the body type that he'll never get fat and even if he could, it wouldn't happen. he can't stand fat people.

i'd have to be more concerned that he'd leave me if i got fat. i know he'd def cheat on me if i did though.

mich.el.le
by on Mar. 9, 2012 at 1:35 PM

If I was going to be that shallow and stupid I wouldn't have married him in the first place.

kbank67
by on Mar. 9, 2012 at 1:36 PM
Id leave, sorry. But one of my things is you have to take care of your body, I don't care if you broke. But there's no excuse to just gain weight for no reason. However if it was from a medical condition, id stay.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mich.el.le
by on Mar. 9, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

i'd probably leave if he refused to do anything. i'm am in no way attracted to fat men. but luckily SO has the body type that he'll never get fat and even if he could, it wouldn't happen. he can't stand fat people.

i'd have to be more concerned that he'd leave me if i got fat. i know he'd def cheat on me if i did though.

Then I hope your vows didn't include ''as long as we both shall live'', ''til death do us part'' or ''in sickness and in health''.

HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2012 at 1:38 PM
No
No
No
I love him for what's inside, besides I don't think that boy can gain weight... He's been the same size since HS and he's a piggy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Landonsmom0710
by on Mar. 9, 2012 at 1:38 PM

I don't think it constitues leaving or cheating. I would love my husband no matter what. Marriage is for life. For better or for worse.

Missperfection
by on Mar. 9, 2012 at 1:40 PM
I'm not a shallow bitch.
My husband was injured at work in November and can't do much. He hurt his back and shoulder and has put on about 10lbs.
No biggie
if he gained more. I wouldn't leave or cheat. He has a reason why.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2012 at 1:44 PM

we're not married :)...been together 9 years

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting Anonymous:

Then I hope your vows didn't include ''as long as we both shall live'', ''til death do us part'' or ''in sickness and in health''.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)