Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

...I was told to "make my own post"... so here it is! =]

Posted by   + Show Post

On a post where a mom confessed that she is dying, I was "insinsitive" and asked her if she knows Jesus Christ as her Lord and Savior...

I was called insinsitive and a whore..

=]

The song "I'm forgiven, you were forsaken. I'm alive and well, Your spirit lives within me because You died and rose again" comes to mind.

Yes, I have made mistakes, yes, I am forgiven because Jesus died on the cross and took my sins (along with all of yours) on his shoulders... I will NEVER be ashamed of my beliefs and I will NEVER turn my back on someone who is dying or find that as an opportunity to ask if they have asked for forgiveness.

If I did not know Jesus and God, and I was dying, I would hope and pray that someone would care enough about my salvation and introduce me to God, tell me about how His son, Jesus, died on the cross for MY sins and rose again the 3rd day, He took my spot on that cross so that I may see God, Jesus and my loved ones in Heaven.

I have been a CNA and a Hospice nurse. I have stood beside the dying, I don't see asking them if they know Jesus as "preying on the weak". I have stood there while they take their last breaths and I have seen their faces light up when they see their savior coming for them. I have seen this, there's no reason to question my beliefs.

Believe what you would like, but like I have said, I am forgiven for all of my mistakes. I am loved by God, if not by anyone else. I am a sinner but I have been redeemed with the blood of Jesus.

That is all =]

GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Mar. 9, 2012 at 11:01 PM
Replies (41-50):
momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Yeah, you don't know what her faith or beliefs are but I think your intentions are good, but you might have first asked if she was a Christian or something because what if she was Jewish, Agnostic, Hindu etc. it might appear insensitve to where she is right now.

Quoting MIA0223:

I kinda see it as insensitive.
She is dying, it's up to her to deal with the faith part of her life, not your place to offer anything but support, not your place to question her beliefs.

Baby8901
by on Mar. 9, 2012 at 11:30 PM

I feel as though God has helped me in so many ways and I have found joy in Him, so I choose to share the opportunity to spread the joy. =]

I was a CNA at a Christian based nursing home, in a small town in North Texas, I guess you could say I live in the Bible belt.

I watched my grandma die, she was the first person I ever saw die. She looked past all of us, over our heads and said "Daddy, daddy, is that you?" (She called my grandpa daddy, he died when my mom was 14)... Then, she looked, not out the window, but past it. She said "Jesus, Jesus, I'm coming home" her face lit up and she took her last breath.

I was in the room with another woman, her name was Mary. She was the sweetest little lady, she was 54 and had a fever when she was little that caused problems for her, it was a disease that made her back ilke a hunch back and her face was deformed. She was my FAV resident, and I was her fav caretaker. I was not supposed to work one night, but they called me in for a 6p,-10pm shift, which was no big deal to me. I was working on hall 2, this woman was on hall 1. At oh, 9:45ish, I was walking into the dining room to get something to drink. Her brother and sister-in-law were walking out to get something to eat. I asked how Mary was, they said not good. I decided to go see her. Her other sister was in there with her, she stepped out to call her brother back because she just KNEW that Mary was going to pass while they were gone... I was the only one in the room. Mary looked up toward the corner of the room, but again she looked PAST it. I asked her if she saw her mom and dad (they were deceased). She nodded "yes"... I said "Mary, if you see Jesus and want to go with him, you can. Joe T and Haddi will be fine, we love you"... she took her last breath and went so peacefully.

I have countless other stories of my encounters while being a CNA, I loved my job and I would go back to it in a heartbeat. My reasoning for telling you these stories is simple, I have SEEN Jesus come to those who are dying. I have seen how they light up before they pass, and I know that the last breath they had was the most refreshing they ever had.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am a nurse too, and I would never ever ask someone if they have "found Jesus". If they ask me to pray with them, I will, but I don't bring up religion, because it's not my right. If I was dying and I was a buddhist or muslim, or atheist even and I had a nurse talk to me about Jesus, I would likely be so upset I would die on the spot. Not to mention you can lose your job for such endeavors.

If you want to go around showing people Christ, so be it. Dont bring Christ into a situation where he is unwanted though. No one should be ashamed of their beliefs or have to hide them, but no one should talk about their beliefs to someone who honestly doesnt want to hear it.

Can I ask an honest question. Dont think its harsh or anything like that. I want to know to understand.

I do not believe in Christ, or God or anything like that. I feel as though I make my own destiny and have my own morals because I have a heart, not because God guides me. I choose to be kind to people, because I want them to be kind to me. Why do Christians go on missions and stuff like that to other places where Christianity might not be prevelant? Why do you see Christians going around places and asking random people if they have let Christ into their hearts? And Jehovah's Witnesses fit into that boat too. I know its not the same as say a Baptist, but still revolves around the scope of God in a Christian light. Why do no other religion force themselves upon others? I have never in my life seen a Jew, Muslim, Buddhist, Atheist, or any other new religion i dont know about ask someone if they know their religion and that their way is the right way. Why do Christians do these things, while no other religious sect does?

CafeMom Tickers
thehickinhickor
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2012 at 11:32 PM
2 moms liked this

it would a offend me if you said that and knew i am a wiccan

laughing-matter
by on Mar. 9, 2012 at 11:32 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm an atheist. If I were on my death bed and my nurse started preaching to me, I'd be very upset. My idea of death doesn't require a higher being to welcome me. It's awesome that you and the OP have your faith to hold onto but you shouldn't bring it upon anyone else.

Quoting fahmom:

Thanks for sharing. I am in college to become a missionary and work as a CNA as well and have had the same opportunity to share Christ.

It never hurts to ask. I do not see how it is insensitive but I guess it just depends on who you ask.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2bell
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2012 at 11:33 PM
1 mom liked this

That's a sad story.  I have been in bad places emotionally, spiritually...but I never lost my faith in God.  There have been so many times I turned to him last, and times I turned to him first and saw no really rhyme or reason.  Through my struggles however, I did learn to stand on my own two feet more and not to rely on God or anyone else to make things better for me.  It has been quite the process, one I am still working on...but I have found a strength knowing God is beside me holding my hand and always there...more so than I have when I would search for a stronger presence.... if that makes sense.  Good Luck to you!!  I hope you find your happiness!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

I once thought God loved me. But bad things kept happening even though I tried my best to follow his word. I read my bible daily sometimes more often. I kept trying and praying and things kept getting worse and I slowly lost my happiness. I quit and started doing what I wanted a few years ago. Since I quit I cant say that things are better....but Im happier...I dont know anymore.

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Mar. 9, 2012 at 11:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow! Really??? Why would you say that!
Now, THAT is insensitive!

Quoting expansion:

God curse you.

Quoting Baby8901:

On a post where a mom confessed that she is dying, I was "insinsitive" and asked her if she knows Jesus Christ as her Lord and Savior...

I was called insinsitive and a whore..

=]

The song "I'm forgiven, you were forsaken. I'm alive and well, Your spirit lives within me because You died and rose again" comes to mind.

Yes, I have made mistakes, yes, I am forgiven because Jesus died on the cross and took my sins (along with all of yours) on his shoulders... I will NEVER be ashamed of my beliefs and I will NEVER turn my back on someone who is dying or find that as an opportunity to ask if they have asked for forgiveness.

If I did not know Jesus and God, and I was dying, I would hope and pray that someone would care enough about my salvation and introduce me to God, tell me about how His son, Jesus, died on the cross for MY sins and rose again the 3rd day, He took my spot on that cross so that I may see God, Jesus and my loved ones in Heaven.

I have been a CNA and a Hospice nurse. I have stood beside the dying, I don't see asking them if they know Jesus as "preying on the weak". I have stood there while they take their last breaths and I have seen their faces light up when they see their savior coming for them. I have seen this, there's no reason to question my beliefs.

Believe what you would like, but like I have said, I am forgiven for all of my mistakes. I am loved by God, if not by anyone else. I am a sinner but I have been redeemed with the blood of Jesus.

That is all =]

GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
my1love
by on Mar. 9, 2012 at 11:36 PM
2 moms liked this

eh if i was dieing that be the last thing i would want to hear..... there were plenty before him and none since..... religion just isnt for me. i do believe in a higher being/s or a greater power.... but i wont believe what men have written and has been translated so many times, sorry i just cant, i will follow whats in my heart, not what a bunch of people wrote down hundreds of years after him and his people died.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Ok but why do Christians run around all willy nilly promoting Christ, while no other religion does this. No other religion pushes their beliefs upon other like Christians, and more so specifically Baptists.

Quoting Baby8901:

I feel as though God has helped me in so many ways and I have found joy in Him, so I choose to share the opportunity to spread the joy. =]

I was a CNA at a Christian based nursing home, in a small town in North Texas, I guess you could say I live in the Bible belt.

I watched my grandma die, she was the first person I ever saw die. She looked past all of us, over our heads and said "Daddy, daddy, is that you?" (She called my grandpa daddy, he died when my mom was 14)... Then, she looked, not out the window, but past it. She said "Jesus, Jesus, I'm coming home" her face lit up and she took her last breath.

I was in the room with another woman, her name was Mary. She was the sweetest little lady, she was 54 and had a fever when she was little that caused problems for her, it was a disease that made her back ilke a hunch back and her face was deformed. She was my FAV resident, and I was her fav caretaker. I was not supposed to work one night, but they called me in for a 6p,-10pm shift, which was no big deal to me. I was working on hall 2, this woman was on hall 1. At oh, 9:45ish, I was walking into the dining room to get something to drink. Her brother and sister-in-law were walking out to get something to eat. I asked how Mary was, they said not good. I decided to go see her. Her other sister was in there with her, she stepped out to call her brother back because she just KNEW that Mary was going to pass while they were gone... I was the only one in the room. Mary looked up toward the corner of the room, but again she looked PAST it. I asked her if she saw her mom and dad (they were deceased). She nodded "yes"... I said "Mary, if you see Jesus and want to go with him, you can. Joe T and Haddi will be fine, we love you"... she took her last breath and went so peacefully.

I have countless other stories of my encounters while being a CNA, I loved my job and I would go back to it in a heartbeat. My reasoning for telling you these stories is simple, I have SEEN Jesus come to those who are dying. I have seen how they light up before they pass, and I know that the last breath they had was the most refreshing they ever had.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am a nurse too, and I would never ever ask someone if they have "found Jesus". If they ask me to pray with them, I will, but I don't bring up religion, because it's not my right. If I was dying and I was a buddhist or muslim, or atheist even and I had a nurse talk to me about Jesus, I would likely be so upset I would die on the spot. Not to mention you can lose your job for such endeavors.

If you want to go around showing people Christ, so be it. Dont bring Christ into a situation where he is unwanted though. No one should be ashamed of their beliefs or have to hide them, but no one should talk about their beliefs to someone who honestly doesnt want to hear it.

Can I ask an honest question. Dont think its harsh or anything like that. I want to know to understand.

I do not believe in Christ, or God or anything like that. I feel as though I make my own destiny and have my own morals because I have a heart, not because God guides me. I choose to be kind to people, because I want them to be kind to me. Why do Christians go on missions and stuff like that to other places where Christianity might not be prevelant? Why do you see Christians going around places and asking random people if they have let Christ into their hearts? And Jehovah's Witnesses fit into that boat too. I know its not the same as say a Baptist, but still revolves around the scope of God in a Christian light. Why do no other religion force themselves upon others? I have never in my life seen a Jew, Muslim, Buddhist, Atheist, or any other new religion i dont know about ask someone if they know their religion and that their way is the right way. Why do Christians do these things, while no other religious sect does?

Freela
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2012 at 11:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting fahmom:

It never hurts to ask. I do not see how it is insensitive but I guess it just depends on who you ask.

But here's the thing... how do you KNOW it doesn't hurt to ask?  What if it upsets the person deeply?  What if they've been persecuted for their religion in the past?  What if they really need someone to hear where THEY are at that time and it shuts down communication completely?  What if a better way of showing them your belief is by LIVING it and being present with them and showing them compassion?  If there's a chance that you are going to make someone's last days awkward or uncomfortable, why would you take it?  Because I'm telling you, as someone who is of a different faith, that this would be something that would make me give you a fake smile, lie through my teeth to spare your feelings, and then turn my face to the wall and not talk anymore, no matter how much I needed someone to hold my hand and see me through.  Just trying to give you an honest perspective or something to consider for your professional life.

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Mar. 9, 2012 at 11:38 PM
Yes she does, and yes you do.
But blessing someone and cursing them are 2 different things.
I don't agree with what the op did and I don't agree with what you did.

Quoting :

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)