Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

turning to God because I can't trust anyone down here

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I can't believe I just said that.

When I was twelve I accepted Jesus Christ. I felt it within every inch of my soul. it was so real.

I started hating God. I lost faith in everything. Myself, humanity.

I messed around with witch craft with some friends and at some points was absolutely convinced we had not known what we were doing and ended up getting ourselves avenged by the spirits threefold. Again, long story and a few examples. I most certainly believe in a higher power, and I know now not to meddle with things I cannot handle. I will never use magick against anyone never mind think about it again..

by 17 I had completely destroyed my faith. I was lost. I remember t he moment the place the time I sat down and realized for the first time that I was lost and I felt truly alone and unwanted.

all this time I denied God. I felt lost. I'm by no means a bible thumber. I try to handle my emotions by being organized materialistically. I try to handle my spirituality with things like 'fate' and my beliefs with philosophy.

I've been afraid to admit it for a long, long time, but I think it's time to turn around and let Him carry me. I'm sick of feeling like I'm being stalked by spirits. I literally need His protection. Protection from myself and protection against others - psychic vampires and wolves in sheeps clothing. I need his help and I feel like I'll slip away without his strength. I'm sick of beng so strong when it's becoming so obvious; I was such a good liar. Now, I live in a space in which the cleanliness reflectsmy state of mind, and a referral to mental health. I bet I'll shut down or lie some more and make everyone think I got it all under control.There's always someone who has a worse story than me, and I have no reason to complain.

I don't need your meds i don't need your therapy. I need faith because I'm falling apart without it and I attract people who kick me when I'm down, and I"m pretty sure I'm not an attention whore - or am I? No fucking clue.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 10, 2012 at 4:24 AM
Replies (41-50):
IhartU
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2012 at 7:49 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Well ur life sucksss then huh.?? Lol. & yeah because we spend billions of dollars figuring it all out just to say oops we still don't know..

Quoting IhartU:

Quoting Anonymous:

Of course.! We can't cure cancer or AIDS or even a common cold but we created the almighty GOD.!!!

Quoting IhartU:

Quoting Anonymous:

EVEN GODS HAVE GODS

IN ORDER TO EXIST YOU NEED TO HAVE BEEN CREATED IN THE FIRST PLACE, EVEN GOD IS NO EXCEPTION TO THAT RULE

So who created 'god'? Man?

We did- he's a MYTH. Humans make up stories all the damn time, don't they? As for curing those diseases- there were many diseases that were incurable in the past and then science caught up and the same will happen with those you mentioned sooner or later.

Um... my life is anything but 'sucky'. lol.   Research takes money. Research takes time- why are you so pissed about that?

AnnieMcD
by on Mar. 10, 2012 at 7:50 AM
6 moms liked this

I'm guessing that the people that told you that, also believed it was "evil" ...

I am a witch. I am not "evil" and I am incredibly offended that you put religion in quotes, as though my faith is not REAL. It is a real religion, and I demand you respect it in the same way we are required to respect yours. I "do" witchcraft every single day. Guess what, God hasn't struck me dead yet, I've not sacrificed a single animal or eaten any babies. Most of my time is spent sending out healing energies.

And yes, since we believe that 100% of what you send into the universe comes back to you times three, EVERYTHING that a Witch does is positive and healing.

I would be anon if I were you too. I would hate for people to know that I held such assinine, ignorant, and hateful beliefs.

Quoting Anonymous:

"Witch" craft.. its evil. It can be used for good but at the end of the day its not. It definitely wasn't made to heal the world. She needed the protection & I believe it. I know people who have did witchcraft & got heavily into it, I've never been told so seriously to stay away from a "religion."

Quoting AnnieMcD:

Tell me how it "can be" ... I'm curious...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 10, 2012 at 7:50 AM
1 mom liked this

AshleyBDG
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2012 at 7:50 AM
Congratulations. You'll never be sorry or mire blessed. It's such a relief to have someone to do the worrying for you and be your strength. It's downright tiring trying to do everything in our own human strength. So happy for you that Gods voice has finally gotten through to you and you're going to put your trust back in him, he's been waiting a long time for you to come back. The heavens are rejoicing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AshleyBDG
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2012 at 7:57 AM
7 moms liked this
Don't let these posts stray you, you know jn your heart what's true and right. You've tried many ways and they didn't work, and came back to God, that's not an accident.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hopeym23
by J3 on Mar. 10, 2012 at 8:09 AM
3 moms liked this

I am a true blue Christian but I just wanted to say.....Annie just spanked you!  lol  Great response Annie!

Quoting AnnieMcD:

I'm guessing that the people that told you that, also believed it was "evil" ...

I am a witch. I am not "evil" and I am incredibly offended that you put religion in quotes, as though my faith is not REAL. It is a real religion, and I demand you respect it in the same way we are required to respect yours. I "do" witchcraft every single day. Guess what, God hasn't struck me dead yet, I've not sacrificed a single animal or eaten any babies. Most of my time is spent sending out healing energies.

And yes, since we believe that 100% of what you send into the universe comes back to you times three, EVERYTHING that a Witch does is positive and healing.

I would be anon if I were you too. I would hate for people to know that I held such assinine, ignorant, and hateful beliefs.

Quoting Anonymous:

"Witch" craft.. its evil. It can be used for good but at the end of the day its not. It definitely wasn't made to heal the world. She needed the protection & I believe it. I know people who have did witchcraft & got heavily into it, I've never been told so seriously to stay away from a "religion."

Quoting AnnieMcD:

Tell me how it "can be" ... I'm curious...

AnnieMcD
by on Mar. 10, 2012 at 8:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Nobody's trying to get OP to change her mind. Finally finding your path is like coming home. If she found it, I'm sincerely happy for her.

I just want other people to accept that we're perfectly happy on our path as well, even if it's a different path.

Quoting AshleyBDG:

Don't let these posts stray you, you know jn your heart what's true and right. You've tried many ways and they didn't work, and came back to God, that's not an accident.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 10, 2012 at 8:13 AM
I understand completly. Im in the same situation.
ArcticFire
by on Mar. 10, 2012 at 9:24 AM
8 moms liked this

.....Side note: AnnieMcD,

as a Christian I would like to apollogize for the disrespectful way in which so many Christians treat you and your beliefs. What they do not realize is that in their zeal, they are actually oppressing others like yourself with this behavior.

If you will alow me to explain; the Bible teaches that God created all people with free will so that they could freely choose to love him or not. So if you choose not to live for him, you're free to do precisely that. He's big enough to handle the rejection. But for those who do follow him; we are commanded to share our faith and preach the gospel through all the world BUT -and this is a big one- we're commanded even more strictly to do this in such a way that does not disrespect those of other faiths and turn them away from him. And I would like to thank you for the fact the even in the face of such insults you were still respectful of a spiritual belief that you personally don't quite share.

Quoting AnnieMcD:

Nobody's trying to get OP to change her mind. Finally finding your path is like coming home. If she found it, I'm sincerely happy for her.

I just want other people to accept that we're perfectly happy on our path as well, even if it's a different path.

Quoting AshleyBDG:

AnnieMcD
by on Mar. 10, 2012 at 9:27 AM
3 moms liked this

Thank you.

I actually don't mind people who share their faith. I do the same. Religion is an integral part of who we are. I know that Christians are commanded to witness, but as I understand it, witnessing should be done with actions. Not words. Not "I'm better than you because I'm Christian" but living a good life and knowing that when others ask where your joy comes from you can honestly say "I've been blessed by God."

I really love those Christians. :o)

Quoting ArcticFire:

.....Side note: AnnieMcD,

as a Christian I would like to apollogize for the disrespectful way in which so many Christians treat you and your beliefs. What they do not realize is that in their zeal, they are actually oppressing others like yourself with this behavior.

If you will alow me to explain; the Bible teaches that God created all people with free will so that they could freely choose to love him or not. So if you choose not to live for him, you're free to do precisely that. He's big enough to handle the rejection. But for those who do follow him; we are commanded to share our faith and preach the gospel through all the world BUT -and this is a big one- we're commanded even more strictly to do this in such a way that does not disrespect those of other faiths and turn them away from him. And I would like to thank you for the fact the even in the face of such insults you were still respectful of a spiritual belief that you personally don't quite share.

Quoting AnnieMcD:

Quoting AshleyBDG:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN