Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Please read! (warning: Long)

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I have contemplated posting this for the last couple of hours.  I didn't want to hear what I already know.  However, I need to get it out, and things got worse.

Today is Sunday, which means my SO takes our 3 y/o DS to sunday school, and spends the day doing stuff and they come back around dinner time.  I get a chance to be with our other son who will be 2 in a couple weeks.  I feel that I have missed out on a lot of the baby things, and really enjoy this one on one time.  It also gives me a chance to relax, clean, laundry, and an opportunity cook a very yummy Sunday super.  We all woke up late, thanks to day light savings time, and the two of them were off to a crazy late start.  Oh, well, it happens.  We texted a few times during the day and talked once or twice.  Didn't seem to be any problems.  I went on with my day as I always do.  Around the time that they would be getting back, he called me.  "I got rear ended."  My first question was if everyone was alright, and the car.  "Everyone is fine, very little damage, I think they just hit the hitch"  I suggested he take down the info anyways, and when he got home he could looks and make sure there wasn't any damage.  Even a scratch on our nice car should get fixed.  He calls back a couple of times, he wasn't really making any sense.  He told me the car info, and said he got the guys name and liscenses plate.  I am like ... Okay.  Great!  I asked if he was going to call the cops, or just file a police report when he got home.  Best to cover all basis.  He said, "I'll think about it, let me hang up and focus."  okay, no big deal.  A little time passes and the two of them walk through the door.  Everyone is fine!  :)  I greet, and begin the normal conversation with my son about how everything went at Sunday school.  Then SO starts yelling.  He asking me for the guys info!  I told him, I don't have it, I didn't write it down.  He just FREAKS OUT!  Then it happens.  

He grabs me, he pinches me, he kicks me the wrisk.  At some point I got a little cut on my lip.  I am just freak out, I start crying.  Which makes him more mad.  I told him I am going to leave.  And he storms out of the house.  (this is right in front of our 3 y/o)  I text him that I didn't do anything wrong.  he text back profanities, and horrible things.  He is gone for hours.  I am shaking inside, and just spending time with my boys.  

Then he gets home.  He goes to the fridge to get dinner out.  He doesn't say two words to me.  I am still really upset, and pissed off.  I told him the salad was mine.  Then get out another dish I made.  I told him that was mine.  He THREW the bowl on the floor.  Smashed it (it was a very nice glass bowl) and pieces or EVERYWHERE!  (again, in front of the 3 y/o).  "there you go, eat it off the floor."  He grabs his keys and walks out. 

I put the boys in bed.  I texted him whats going on?  Whats wrong?  Why is he acting this way?  He asks me to stop.  No answers.  

This is completely out of his character.  We have had two other fights were I could say I have seen this anger, but I totally was pushing his buttons.  This time, I honestly did nothing.  Sure, I didn't write down the guys info ... but I thought he did!  

Please tell me what you think??

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2012 at 9:46 PM
Replies (31-36):
happybunnymommy
by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 1:23 AM
I agree... Staying there when he's already hurt you and put your child in danger is no good... It's your responsibility as a mother to protect your children from harm... He may have only went after you this time, but next time one of the children may be the target of his rage... GL

Quoting MamaLub:

I was married to a man that once slapped my hand for slipping the clutch on the car. Then later grabbed my throat for some other reason. Slowly but surely, he hit me more and more over the course of six years. By the time I left he had left me with a broken face. All in front of our two and four year old. Till this day, my son still has emotional problems from this. It's devastating what happened to our marriage but worse what my kids saw. If you don't leave, you're telling him its okay to behave this way. It's not okay. Don't ignore it. It's not a little issue. Stand up for yourself and those kids and leave. Even for a week. You don't know if he will come back more angry or get mad again tomorrow.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MamaLub:

He hit you in front of your kid. He risked getting glass on your kid. Hes breaking things. Just think, he was this mad driving around with your child. You need to let him know you're serious and leave for a little while

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting happybunnymommy:

No suggestions on what could be wrong... I'm sorry you're going through this... (((((hugs))))

Do you think just something is wrong ... or should I be more worried??? 

After this week he will be gone for two weeks.  I will be here with the kids alone.  I hate to leave and then come back with them ... I think I might just stick it out this week ... what do you think??

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 12, 2012 at 4:51 PM

No one, no matter what is said has the right to lay their hands on another human being in anger!  It doesn't matter what "buttons" are pushed self control when you are angry is mandatory, especially in front of a child. 

Quoting lady-t3984:

I see lack of communications on both of yal parts. If,he told you the information,and you said you were concerned,why didn't you write the info down? Next thing,you said you fixed a nice dinner,he went to the fridge 2 times,each time you said"its mine",to stop argueing from starting,why didn't you just hand him his food. It sounds like you both like to push panic buttons. Try joint counseling. Good luck.

Alison_C
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2012 at 5:08 PM
I'm not understanding why you allowed him back inside after physically attacking you. If my husband tried to come inside after something like that, I'd meet him at the door with the shotgun and the cops on the phone. Why would you allow yourself to be treated that way?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2012 at 5:12 PM
Because of our current situation we are living in an apartment, and it's a combined suite. Two apartments that have a joining door. I gave him access, through one of the two doors, and therefore was in the "other" apartment.

Quoting Alison_C:

I'm not understanding why you allowed him back inside after physically attacking you. If my husband tried to come inside after something like that, I'd meet him at the door with the shotgun and the cops on the phone. Why would you allow yourself to be treated that way?

iCeezy
by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 5:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Do what you need to do to keep your kids safe! He just abused you in front of your son. No excuses for that. Don't make excuses for him!

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Mar. 12, 2012 at 7:00 PM

Quoting XandersMama2012:

Sounds like ur DH needs some anger management classes

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)