Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

REALLY need advice ladies!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

My ex broke up with me when I was pregnant with our second son, our first son was 3.5. 

I'm in another relationship and we're expecting our 2nd baby. My first two see their Dad every other weekend and lately my 7 year old has changed. He's beenacting out and has a horrible attitude at times. He hastold me he doesn't want to come back to my place anymore, when I ask him why he starts talking about how he doesn't have enough Wii games, that he needs more...

He is babied at his dad's. they go places alot, he buys them whatever they want and they can sit around playing games as long as they want. But here they have rules, they have to clean up their messes and can only play games for a certain amount of time each day.

My DS doesn't know how hurtful he is by saying those things.... His mind is wrapped around those games and I won't buy his love like his dad does.... But it's working (for him).

I don't know what to do, I hope it's just a phase...

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 13, 2012 at 1:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
LadyFreeRider
by Gold Member on Mar. 13, 2012 at 1:14 PM
Its just a phase. Your DS is just as hurt and confused as you. Be patient and eventually he will come to understand.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 13, 2012 at 1:15 PM

To make mattersworse, last week my sister decided to start bashing my SO with my ex and she made up lies saying shit like"he doesn't buy groceries" or "he makes us walk everywhere "so my ex has called family and children's services sayingheghinks I neglect my kids. Which pisses me off because my kids are my number one priority, I would go without to provide for them. They are always fed, clean and loved like crazy. My ex will do anything to ruin me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 13, 2012 at 1:16 PM

Sorry for crappy typing, on my PlayBook.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 13, 2012 at 1:20 PM

I could use some help when it comes to F&CS, I've never had to deal with them. I'm not overly worried because I have nothing to hide and my kids are well taken cared of, but I've only heard bad things about them, that they take peoples kids...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 13, 2012 at 1:20 PM

FAKE AND GAY

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 13, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Youghink my post is fake? Uh ya, I wish! There's a reason I'm anon. You think our posts our private to only CafeMom users!?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 13, 2012 at 9:26 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 13, 2012 at 10:06 PM

its a phase. thankfully, i dont have to deal with that, but there's been a few times when DS said he wanted his real dad- who isnt involved... its hurtful, i cried (and sadly- yelled at him)... but eventually, he'll understand that you are doing the best you can.

maybe make things more fun at the house. i use our water bottles/soda bottles are bowling pins- fill them up halfway and use a ball (soccer ball, one of those cheap $2 balls, etc) as the bowling ball and have fun in the kitchen or longest hallway... flashlight tag (small flashlights can be bought at the dollar store), etc. i have a small shoebox full of fun and cheap ideas that he gets to pick and we do it. it gets him away from the video games, its good on my wallet and we have fun. =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured