Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ok so my Husband is a....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you judge us without question?

Options:

yes no question about it

no

I would confront you then Judge

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 32

View Results

Convected Sex Offender.. Before you get all shocked and ask me what the heck continue to read

My husband was convected of carnal Knowledge of a Juvenile. He was 18 she was 16and the mother turned him in to get out of the trouble she was in with drugs! The mother also lived with her daughter at his house and lied about her daughters age. This charge is no longer being charged where he was charged but he still has to carry this around with him where ever he goes. Where we live now it isn't being charged either but he still has to register very year.

Now it has been brought to my attention that some parents are concerned about his convection with my son being in preschool with their kids! I can totally understand you see sex offender and we all jump the the worst possible conclusion.. I hate that my kids will be effected by this because their friends parents don't want their kids around us and don't have the guts to ask about it, we will be an open book if they need to know. I knew about this before I dated before I married him before I had kids with him. He is a great guy who didn't deserve this to follow him around..

No I'm not Naive and I don't need people to like him! It just really hurts that I know that this is why kids don't come to my kids birthday parties!

We have close friends we do sleep overs at each others houses but they took the time and found their information out before judging us!

I would appreciate if you wouldn't bash Im just letting this out because I need to let it go somewhere!

I posted anonymously because I needed to at this time! 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 13, 2012 at 8:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Trippedup
by on Mar. 13, 2012 at 9:50 PM

BUMP!

amnesialand69
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2012 at 9:53 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
phoebe81
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2012 at 9:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I hate to say this, but I'm just being completely honest here. I would definitely judge you if I heard your husband was a sex offender. If I heard the story at some point, I would change my mind because I think it certainly makes a difference, but I can't really say I would go out of my way to learn the story. 

I'm not saying it's right or trying to justify it. I'm just being honest about what my reaction would be. Sorry =(. 

"Sometimes it is better to be kind than right. We do not need an intelligent mind that speaks, but a patient heart that listens."

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 13, 2012 at 9:56 PM
5 moms liked this

I totally think there should be "grades" for sex offenders.

There's a big difference between who mooned someone and got caugght than a person who is raping little girls!

phoebe81
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2012 at 9:57 PM

I definitely agree with this. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I totally think there should be "grades" for sex offenders.

There's a big difference between who mooned someone and got caugght than a person who is raping little girls!

"Sometimes it is better to be kind than right. We do not need an intelligent mind that speaks, but a patient heart that listens."

FL2AK
by on Mar. 13, 2012 at 9:58 PM
Honestly, I don't think I would believe the story.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 13, 2012 at 10:01 PM

My ex-husband touched his younger sister's breast ONCE when they were young out of curiosity and his strict Mormon mother called the police. He will forever be a registered sex offender and I feel your pain. They don't normally treat minors so harshly, but he got a judge who didn't care. We haven't told our daughter yet, I'm waiting for parents at school to find out and mistreat her for it :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 13, 2012 at 10:01 PM
Even with my husband being convicted I know I'm just as guilty of thinking the worst but I do try and understand certain situations...
laurenb1
by on Mar. 13, 2012 at 10:02 PM
Yeah I would be nervous about it. My uncle is a child rapist and I didn't know until last year! But I do know that public nudity, statutory rape and things like that might make someone a sex offender too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenni386
by on Mar. 13, 2012 at 10:03 PM

i know someone that that happened too... i have no problems finding out the story then judging the situation... and i agree with pp there should be a grade/rate for different offences

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)