Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ok so my Husband is a....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Would you judge us without question?

Options:

yes no question about it

no

I would confront you then Judge

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 32

View Results

Convected Sex Offender.. Before you get all shocked and ask me what the heck continue to read

My husband was convected of carnal Knowledge of a Juvenile. He was 18 she was 16and the mother turned him in to get out of the trouble she was in with drugs! The mother also lived with her daughter at his house and lied about her daughters age. This charge is no longer being charged where he was charged but he still has to carry this around with him where ever he goes. Where we live now it isn't being charged either but he still has to register very year.

Now it has been brought to my attention that some parents are concerned about his convection with my son being in preschool with their kids! I can totally understand you see sex offender and we all jump the the worst possible conclusion.. I hate that my kids will be effected by this because their friends parents don't want their kids around us and don't have the guts to ask about it, we will be an open book if they need to know. I knew about this before I dated before I married him before I had kids with him. He is a great guy who didn't deserve this to follow him around..

No I'm not Naive and I don't need people to like him! It just really hurts that I know that this is why kids don't come to my kids birthday parties!

We have close friends we do sleep overs at each others houses but they took the time and found their information out before judging us!

I would appreciate if you wouldn't bash Im just letting this out because I need to let it go somewhere!

I posted anonymously because I needed to at this time! 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 13, 2012 at 8:20 PM
Replies (21-22):
Plus-size-mommy
by Gold Member on Mar. 13, 2012 at 10:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Our next door neighbor was a convicted sex offender (we've since moved), he stopped one night to help someone who was broke down, she was beaten up, so he called the police and she told the police he raped her. People who knew her said her boyfriend actually had beaten her up and raped her but she didn't want him to get into trouble so she lied. He was the nicest guy you'd ever want to meet, but his family has a stigma because of this. Glad some people were willing to look past his label and become friends with you all :)

FL2AK
by on Mar. 13, 2012 at 10:17 PM
1 mom liked this
I worked with one guy who was 19 and the girl had lied about her age. He thought she was 17 when she was actually 12. She was very physically mature for her age. They had a one night stand at a party, her parents found out and prssed charges. No one wanted him on that list. Not me, his therapist or his PO.

He had to go to group therapy too and it made him Ill. So I know there are those who should not be on the registry, but it is hard when it comes to your children to trust someone else like that.

quote name="Anonymous" id="0"][/quote]
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)