Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I used to be..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies

I used to be the one that would give other parents strange looks for putting children on leashes. I thought it was something you only do for animals, and I never wanted to think of my child that way. Now I am second guessing. I want him to learn to walk next to me. He seriously hates sitting down and won't sit down for longer than 5 min. After that he is a screaming, unconsolable, little child.. I want to take him out of his stroller when we go places, but he likes to run off. He is almost a year and a half

My question is what do you do?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 13, 2012 at 8:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 13, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 13, 2012 at 9:05 PM

BUMP. need answers!!!!

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Mar. 13, 2012 at 9:07 PM

I used a monkey backpack for my son. Target 12.50.  he loved it . we loved it. It was a win!! I understand its not for everyone but Im grateful for it. We used it from a year and a half to two and a half.

dolphingurl1286
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2012 at 9:09 PM
1 mom liked this

My son is the same way. I could use the help too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 13, 2012 at 9:12 PM

I would really like advice on how not to use a leash. That is like my last resort thing..

Krystle21
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2012 at 9:21 PM
What about holding his hand n before u take him out the stroller tell him if he runs off he'll go back in and stay there
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
midnight_storm
by Gold Member on Mar. 13, 2012 at 9:22 PM
Idk, my dds always stayed with me but I still used a harness on them when we were in crowded places. People don't always pay attention to little kids walking with their parents but they sure as hell notice the harness.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 13, 2012 at 9:24 PM

he doesn't like me holding his hand at all. I've tried just practicing that at home and it doesn't really work..

Quoting Krystle21:

What about holding his hand n before u take him out the stroller tell him if he runs off he'll go back in and stay there

melakay1981
by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2012 at 9:26 PM

My son hated holding my hand but he knew it was either hold my hand or go in a stroller.  Good luck :)

Quoting Anonymous:

he doesn't like me holding his hand at all. I've tried just practicing that at home and it doesn't really work..

Quoting Krystle21:

twistedtulip
by on Mar. 13, 2012 at 9:29 PM
I use it for certain things like going to the zoo. He has freedom but is safe. I do not like to see parents pulling their child with it. It should always have slack and should only be used in certain situations. But yes I do use one and yes I get strange looks from others.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)