Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I used to be..

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I used to be the one that would give other parents strange looks for putting children on leashes. I thought it was something you only do for animals, and I never wanted to think of my child that way. Now I am second guessing. I want him to learn to walk next to me. He seriously hates sitting down and won't sit down for longer than 5 min. After that he is a screaming, unconsolable, little child.. I want to take him out of his stroller when we go places, but he likes to run off. He is almost a year and a half

My question is what do you do?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 13, 2012 at 8:53 PM
Replies (21-25):
iCeezy
by on Mar. 13, 2012 at 9:38 PM

I lol'd

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 13, 2012 at 9:40 PM

I know, I just feel like a horrible parent sometimes. I don't like to be looked down on when he is having a temper tantrum when I am trying to teach him. I know I shouldn't care though. I mean with everything else he is great! It's just the walking part.

Quoting iCeezy:

You're the boss - not him.  1.5 or not, he will get the concept eventually if you keep up the pattern of putting him back into the stroller when he doesn't hold your hand.

LilyofPhilly
by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2012 at 9:40 PM

laughingI wouldn't feel like any less of a parent because my kid didn't want his arm dangling up over his head, and locked in mine for extended lengths of time. I don't particularly enjoy being pulled down by a sweaty little hand myself.

Quoting Anonymous:

lol ok....................

Quoting Anonymous:

Who cares if he doesn't like it, you do it anyway. Be a damn parent.

Quoting Anonymous:

he doesn't like me holding his hand at all. I've tried just practicing that at home and it doesn't really work..

Quoting Krystle21:

What about holding his hand n before u take him out the stroller tell him if he runs off he'll go back in and stay there

newmamma08
by on Mar. 13, 2012 at 9:40 PM
I would spat his but. I have never nor have i ever needed a leash for my son hes three. He did it once i almost had a heart attack he knew it upset me so he got a good talking to and then a spat on a clothed bottom and he never has done it again. If we are going to the parking lot he will not set a foot on the pavement without holding hands with an adult.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GirlWithANikon
by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2012 at 10:05 PM

I hated them and then caved and tried one. Then I hated them more and returned it and bought my son an ice cream as an apology.

Lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured