Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

spanked to sleep??? every night???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
Seriously messed up to me but here goes. Sil and bil are staying at our house because they just moved to this area. He started his job yesterday she starts hers Friday. Their kids are 4yr old girl and almost 2yr old boy. Boy sleeps in a pack and play because the crib is still packed. Here is their nightly routine. (Same as before they moved they say) boy goes to bed at 7:30(up at 6 am with a nap between 11 and 1) first he yells for them, they ignore for about a half hour. Then he screams. Loudly. High pitched screams and crying. After he does this for about 15 minutes, they know its time. One of them, usual bil, goes in , flips him on his belly and spanks him! He completely stop screaming and cries for a minute then falls asleep. So tonight,sil is sick with strep and bil wants to go to bed early too so to cut things short, he spanks 2yr old the first time he yells for them. Baby goes right to sleep.They say they've tried everything. Patting his back, telling him no, letting him stay up later, bed earlier. Saturday I told them to try ignoring him to see how long he would scream. Sil went in and spanked him at 12:30am! Its not a full out butt whooping, just one or 2 swats to his diaper but to me, that's just nuts! Any ideas? Tips?

Eta : I've never seen them spank either kid any other time.
Its not a hard smack but not really a pat. He's already crying/Screeching when they go in. He's such a happy little guy most of the time but he hates going to bed at night.. gee I wonder why.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 13, 2012 at 10:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 13, 2012 at 10:14 PM
That's fucked up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 13, 2012 at 10:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I...uh.

What?

I hate people more and more everyday.

This post makes me tremendously sad.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 13, 2012 at 10:17 PM
So they spank him so he gets so worked up crying he just passes out?
melakay1981
by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2012 at 10:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I seriously have no words.  How could you sleep at night knowing you just smacked your child.  Wonder how they would feel if that child did not wake up in the morning.  Kids have died in there sleep because of heart conditions that no one knew about.  They would be happy to know the last memory of them that their child had is being smacked.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 13, 2012 at 10:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Are you sure it is not just patting like you would the back but perhaps a bit harder since the child is in a diaper? I have done it and know many that "pat the hiney". It is calming to the child and certainly not abusive.
MDWife12
by on Mar. 13, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Is it a hard spank? Or do they just tap his butt? My friends little brother would only fall asleep if someone was smacking his butt, it wasn't hard like a SPANKING but enough for him to feel...oddness

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 13, 2012 at 10:19 PM
4 moms liked this
I wish I got spanked every night...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 13, 2012 at 10:19 PM
We used to have to wrap my ss(2) like a baby & rock while practically spanking him on the butt, he wasnt in trouble by any means, & im not talkin like welts & red bottom, but harder than just patting. It was the only way up until about 6 months ago he would fall asleep! Now hes got a big boy bed he got for his 2nd bday & loves it & loves going night night in it lol.
SapphireMomma
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2012 at 10:20 PM
That's what I do to my son.

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you sure it is not just patting like you would the back but perhaps a bit harder since the child is in a diaper? I have done it and know many that "pat the hiney". It is calming to the child and certainly not abusive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HayKay
by on Mar. 13, 2012 at 10:22 PM
I don't think she means like this. My daughter likes the butt pats and not the back pats, idk why, but she likes to be almost burped style pats on her butt to sleep. I think I do it when I nurse her.

Quoting MDWife12:

Is it a hard spank? Or do they just tap his butt? My friends little brother would only fall asleep if someone was smacking his butt, it wasn't hard like a SPANKING but enough for him to feel...oddness

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN