Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

spanked to sleep??? every night???

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Seriously messed up to me but here goes. Sil and bil are staying at our house because they just moved to this area. He started his job yesterday she starts hers Friday. Their kids are 4yr old girl and almost 2yr old boy. Boy sleeps in a pack and play because the crib is still packed. Here is their nightly routine. (Same as before they moved they say) boy goes to bed at 7:30(up at 6 am with a nap between 11 and 1) first he yells for them, they ignore for about a half hour. Then he screams. Loudly. High pitched screams and crying. After he does this for about 15 minutes, they know its time. One of them, usual bil, goes in , flips him on his belly and spanks him! He completely stop screaming and cries for a minute then falls asleep. So tonight,sil is sick with strep and bil wants to go to bed early too so to cut things short, he spanks 2yr old the first time he yells for them. Baby goes right to sleep.They say they've tried everything. Patting his back, telling him no, letting him stay up later, bed earlier. Saturday I told them to try ignoring him to see how long he would scream. Sil went in and spanked him at 12:30am! Its not a full out butt whooping, just one or 2 swats to his diaper but to me, that's just nuts! Any ideas? Tips?

Eta : I've never seen them spank either kid any other time.
Its not a hard smack but not really a pat. He's already crying/Screeching when they go in. He's such a happy little guy most of the time but he hates going to bed at night.. gee I wonder why.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 13, 2012 at 10:13 PM
Replies (11-19):
smurfbitebug
by on Mar. 13, 2012 at 10:22 PM
Ummm... wow.

My child is stubborn as hell and I've never spanked her to sleep. It can be a battle of wills-but you HAVE to.put the time and effort into it.if you want them to go to sleep the right way. They sound lazy. They don't want to put the time and effort into it and just want to be done with him once he.goes to bed.
I would have a serious issue with that going on in my house. If nothing else I would get up and go in there and do it.myself to show them how the.fuck it should be.done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 13, 2012 at 10:22 PM
Thats exactly how my SS was for the longest time! He liked it & it wasnt hurting him, but I felt like I was beating the baby every night!

Quoting MDWife12:

Is it a hard spank? Or do they just tap his butt? My friends little brother would only fall asleep if someone was smacking his butt, it wasn't hard like a SPANKING but enough for him to feel...oddness

mommyakabooby
by on Mar. 13, 2012 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this
if it works, and they're not hurting him, I don't see a problem with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smurfbitebug
by on Mar. 13, 2012 at 10:23 PM
She said he cries when they do it and he cries himself to sleep. Sounds like a spanking to me.

ETA: I actually don't have a problem with spanking. It's just the fact that you have to out time and effort into teaching your child about bedtime.. which it really doesn't seem that they're doing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
raegan1221
by on Mar. 13, 2012 at 10:24 PM

I used to pat my sons butt while holding him to get him to sleep...i don't know why but its like it soothed him. i certainly was not spanking him. If they are patting his butt so hard he cries, then that's definitely wrong...but if they pat his butt then lay him down, and he cries because they leave the room then that is different. But I don't know....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Mar. 13, 2012 at 10:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Poor baby goes to sleep every night thinking mommy & daddy are mad at him :(

mich.el.le
by on Mar. 13, 2012 at 10:26 PM

here's a concept-effing COMFORT the child!!!  *smdh*

bellawomen
by Summer on Mar. 13, 2012 at 10:27 PM
Holy shit. Some people piss me off
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bmcandmmh
by Michelle on Mar. 13, 2012 at 10:31 PM
Ok those are normal sleeping hours for kids. About 10-13 hours at night and a nap for 1-2 hours. Kids are early risers. I remember the 5am agony days. But you can't spank for that. You need to talk to them. Ghats abuse and the kids don't even know what they're doing wrong.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN