Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why are you so stupid with your food stamps?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 196 Replies
2 moms liked this

Ugh! I'm so annoyed right now. A "friend" of mine just came to me and asked me if I would take her grocery shopping and use my food stamps to buy her and her family food for the week. I did this for her once, when I first got mine than found out I could get in serious trouble for that so I haven't done it since. Thing is, she gets food stamps too. I was already a bit grumpy so I asked her what the hell she did with her food stamps already. She said "oh I spent it all already". Wtf! Seriously! On what? It's only half way through the month and you spent it all already! On top of that you ate all of that food already? She tells me she goes shopping as soon as she gets the money, spends all of it at one time and the food has to last the whole month, which obviously it doesn't. If she buys fresh fruits or veggies they're gone in a few days or thrown out because they go bad. Milk and bread last about a week. Some meats get frozen and can last about 2 weeks, the rest of the month is tv dinners or meals in a box, yuck, but even that doesn't always last long. She'll spend the rest of the month bumming food and money. So I asked her why didn't she shop for a week at a time and only get what the family needs for the week instead. If she did that her food stamps, as well as the food, would last her longer, and she might have some money left over at the end of the month. She laughed and said "why would I want to have money left over, they'll just take it back." She also just wants to go to the store once a month instead of every week. She told me if I was a true friend I would just shut up and take her shopping with my food stamps. I told her she was stupid for not budgeting properly, letting her family run out of food every month, than expect some one like me to pick up the slack for her own stupidity, and told her to get the hell out of my house.

Sad thing is, she's not the only one I know who spends all of their food stamps as soon as they get them, than run out of food by the middle of the month. If people were smarter and only spent what they needed for a week they wouldn't have the no money no food problem, every damn month! Ugh. Stupidity annoys me! Try being smart for a change.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 14, 2012 at 7:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Venae
by on Mar. 14, 2012 at 7:51 PM
5 moms liked this

She's stupid w/her food stamps because it's someone else's money.  You don't need a friend like this.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 14, 2012 at 7:52 PM
7 moms liked this
Next time just tell her you've already spent all of yours as well.
catrig
by Platinum Member on Mar. 14, 2012 at 7:53 PM
3 moms liked this

One a month shopping isn't bad, but you really have to plan it out.  Put the extra meat, fruit and veggies in the freezer.  They have special freezer bags.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 14, 2012 at 7:54 PM
Her money or not, her kids are suffering every month because there is almost no food in the house.

Quoting Venae:

She's stupid w/her food stamps because it's someone else's money.  You don't need a friend like this.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 14, 2012 at 7:54 PM
She doesn't.

Quoting catrig:

One a month shopping isn't bad, but you really have to plan it out.  Put the extra meat, fruit and veggies in the freezer.  They have special freezer bags.

Jynnifer292
by on Mar. 14, 2012 at 7:55 PM
6 moms liked this

Obviously, if you are getting food stamps too, you need them. Why the hell should you take from your family and give it to her? Really nice that she buys food and lets it go bad. I would tell her to get a clue and figure out how to stretch what she has.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 14, 2012 at 7:55 PM
3 moms liked this
Its all free money. If you were a nice person you'd take her shopping. And buy her easter candy.
Jynnifer292
by on Mar. 14, 2012 at 7:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Its all free money. If you were a nice person you'd take her shopping. And buy her easter candy.

wtf?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 14, 2012 at 7:56 PM
21 moms liked this

madismommy03
by Bronze Member on Mar. 14, 2012 at 7:57 PM
3 moms liked this
actually food stamps roll over every month if unused. At least thats how it works in MO.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)