Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Happy the price of gas is going up..S/0

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 12:20 AM
  • 12 Replies
So I'm just curious...

If the price of gas going up is supposed to force people to use public transportation or walk...

What about the people in rural areas who don't have access to public transportation? Who rely on their "crappy" vehicles to get them places?

People who use diesel trucks on their property to drive through fields and down dirt roads?

If you think this would only affect a few people you're wrong.

So to whoever made that other post I'd like to hear your solution for those people.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 12:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Schleetle
by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 12:22 AM
I prefer to walk, and would walk everywhere if I could. I didn't see the post you're referring to though so I can't really say anything about that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ladybugemt
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2012 at 12:24 AM
I live 20 mins from nearest grocery store! You but ur but I'm using my car!!! No public transport out here :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommamimzy2
by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 12:24 AM
1 mom liked this
I will continue to use my horse and buggy...shhhh don't tell anyone I'm using electricity to post on cafemom...I'll get shunned
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mirm99
by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 12:26 AM
Well I can't walk.. in Yuma AZ it gets 130°.. so I guess ill run everyone over in my monster diesel truck!.. lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2012 at 12:27 AM
exactly. where i live we get no public transportation and we have to drive just to get anywhere!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2012 at 12:27 AM
Ugh that lady who wrote the other post is an idiot. Don't pay attention to her. Like if she knew anything, she would know that higher gas prices will hurt the economy & then when she is complaining about all the crime because of unemployment, she can think twice. Or wait, maybe since she is so rich they will tax her more to help her fund the unemployed...dumb ppl I swear.
mommamimzy2
by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 12:28 AM
Oh that's not THAT hot....take a water bottle...maybe two. LOL

Quoting mirm99:

Well I can't walk.. in Yuma AZ it gets 130°.. so I guess ill run everyone over in my monster diesel truck!.. lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mirm99
by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 12:31 AM
Oh hell no!.. that's hoy for me!.. lol

Quoting mommamimzy2:

Oh that's not THAT hot....take a water bottle...maybe two. LOL

Quoting mirm99:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amanda_mom89
by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 12:31 AM
Where I grew up it was a 20 minute drive to get to school. It was 60 miles to the nearest doctor who wasn't a quack.

Also, I grew up in texas. It's over 100 degrees from about june to september. Lol. I would prefer not to walk 25 miles in that heat.

Quoting Schleetle:

I prefer to walk, and would walk everywhere if I could. I didn't see the post you're referring to though so I can't really say anything about that.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amanda_mom89
by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 12:33 AM
I know..I shouldn't have even responded to it. But I just wanna know what the hell her thoughts were on this.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ugh that lady who wrote the other post is an idiot. Don't pay attention to her. Like if she knew anything, she would know that higher gas prices will hurt the economy & then when she is complaining about all the crime because of unemployment, she can think twice. Or wait, maybe since she is so rich they will tax her more to help her fund the unemployed...dumb ppl I swear.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)