Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you trust....

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 9:36 AM
  • 17 Replies

Your childs teacher. My son will be starting pre-k this year and i feel with all the stories that have been going on lately with teachers and students i cant even trust them. Just recently the state i live in had a teacher who was video chatting with a old man during school hours and had the kids talk to him. she even had kids over to her house for a "pool" party where she took the little girls and took pics of them in their underware for this same old perverted guy. this world has just gone crazy. i feel like school is one place my child will be safe. but now im having doubts :/  i have no other children thats in school and im almost tempted to home school him but i feel he needs the interaction with the other kids.

by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 9:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ElitestJen
by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 9:39 AM

You can homeschool and still have interaction. 

However, teachers that abuse kids are in the vast minority....which is why they get media attention.  When you stop hearing about it, that's when you need to worry.

MommyTo2Boyz41
by Member on Mar. 15, 2012 at 9:43 AM

Quoting ElitestJen:

You can homeschool and still have interaction. 

However, teachers that abuse kids are in the vast minority....which is why they get media attention.  When you stop hearing about it, that's when you need to worry.

yah it just feels like the school arent doing enough to protect our children. idk lol i guess im just that paranoid parent.

kjbennett26
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2012 at 9:47 AM

The teacher this year I LOVE!!!  She is so great...now last year his teacher was a real piece of work....

CrimsonGrace
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2012 at 9:49 AM
Get to know the teacher! Even if it is just a short chat daily, it will make you feel more secure, it help you pick up red flags. However, your most important goal, is talk to your child daily, ask questions about their day. That will also help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 15, 2012 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this

I HAVE A CAT FOR THAT:

Mychele
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2012 at 9:50 AM
I trust my kids teacher. I always attend the "meet your teacher" before school starts, keep in contact even by phone, attend all PT conferences even if it isn't warranted. It doesn't mean I will know if the teacher is bad news but it gives me a chance. I pay very close attention to people. I am good judge of character. I think bad teachers aren't common so the odds of your kid being assaulted are slim.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyTo2Boyz41
by Member on Mar. 15, 2012 at 9:50 AM

Quoting kjbennett26:

The teacher this year I LOVE!!!  She is so great...now last year his teacher was a real piece of work....

thank you!! i know there are teachers out there who love what they do and love the kids in their class.

mamaK0911
by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 9:50 AM
I think it's just really important to be hands on and aware. Listen and talk with your child and remind him/her that even teachers aren't allowed to look at or touch their private parts and if anyone tries to call you right away. Make at least one surprise visit during school hours to check in on your child. If they won't let you that is a red flag.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cubanmom84
by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 9:51 AM

The best thing you could do, is visit the school and speak to the teacher.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 15, 2012 at 9:51 AM

I HAVE A CAT FOR THAT:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)