Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your childs teacher. My son will be starting pre-k this year and i feel with all the stories that have been going on lately with teachers and students i cant even trust them. Just recently the state i live in had a teacher who was video chatting with a old man during school hours and had the kids talk to him. she even had kids over to her house for a "pool" party where she took the little girls and took pics of them in their underware for this same old perverted guy. this world has just gone crazy. i feel like school is one place my child will be safe. but now im having doubts :/  i have no other children thats in school and im almost tempted to home school him but i feel he needs the interaction with the other kids.

by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 9:36 AM
Replies (11-17):
mommamimzy2
by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 9:51 AM
I love my child's teacher.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2012 at 9:51 AM

I HAVE A CAT FOR THAT:

mantyangel
by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 9:52 AM

I have 3 kids ranging in age from 15 to 6.  They have had many wonderful teachers over the years.  Some maybe not our favorite, but none like you see on the news.  Most teachers love kids and do a great job teaching.  As far as your pool party example, where were the parents?  If a teacher of one of my children had a pool party I would be there to chaperone.  Be an involved parent and they will be just fine.

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2012 at 9:53 AM

not everybody is bad ... trust will always be an issue for me when it comes to my daughter just make sure you talk to your son about his private parts and about other people touching, viewing and that no secrets must EVER be held from you

MommyTo2Boyz41
by Member on Mar. 15, 2012 at 9:53 AM

Quoting CrimsonGrace:

Get to know the teacher! Even if it is just a short chat daily, it will make you feel more secure, it help you pick up red flags. However, your most important goal, is talk to your child daily, ask questions about their day. That will also help.

oh yes lol i plan on asking him about his day when he starts. thanks for the help!!

mewebb82
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2012 at 10:02 AM
I LOVE my daughter's prek teacher and trust her completely. It helps that I've know her for 4 years though. My sons teacher is a little different. I trust her enough, although I don't always agree with her or think that she is doing some things right. I trust his school completely though.
I really find it sad that a few bad teachers (the ones who we see on the news) out there make it so hard for parents to really trust all the good teachers. I have actually had to experience a little of that myself as a daycare provider and it seems so unfair in some ways.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamacough
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2012 at 10:11 AM

I know I had that same feeling when my dd started school. I checked the policy out at the school about checking on my dd. I was allowed to check on her as much as I wanted as long as I told the office I was there at the school to do so. I would look in the door window, so I would not disturb the class. For the most part school is the safest place for our children, with a few acceptions. Media does have a way of makeing it look like alot more children are at risk. As long as you the parent have the right which you do to check on your child I believe tings will be just fine for you child to attend. Just be a parent and and check on him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured