Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Mother In-Law

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

So my mother-in-law has been diligent in telling me what a good friendship that we have. How does she honor that friendship? She decides to go to my husbands ex-wife and tell her everything I have ever said about her!! I have bad days & sometimes it is a result of the hubbys ex & I vent,,things and feelings were expressed in confidence to a friend or so I thought. As a result this has caused some major rifts within the whole disfunctional family/friend unit,,,how do I address her and let her know that I know what she has done without causing even more turmoil.  

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2012 at 9:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
SOCO101
by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 9:47 AM

You could just tell her how you feel.

IDK, I'm struggling with the same thing right now. Cept it wasn't dh's ex it's our neighbor.

kemmerer411
by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this
First mistake? Trusting your MIL lmao
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bird16_J
by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Tell her to piss off and don't talk to her unless absolutely necessary. I'm glad my MIL isn't a complete douchebag like that.

CafeMom Tickers

BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2012 at 9:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Just tell her. I don't think there's a easy drama free way to do that though.

I would try to not be rude. But just let her know you know what she did, and you won't be talking to her about your feelings anymore. She's proven she can't be trusted.

She probably the type the feeds off drama, otherwise she wouldn't have said any of it. That's why I'm thinking even if you're nice about confronting her...she won't take it well. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)