Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone ever get pregnant with only one Fallopian tube?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

is there anyway to increase my chances of Pregnancy?Ive done all the fertility workup and my DH is fine.My tube is blocked :/ thanks

Edit: My Ovaries are fine. It's just scar tissue in my tubes that's preventing pregnancy. Thanks for all the answers.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2012 at 9:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
CheesyKitty
by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 9:55 AM
I will be watching this post. A dear friend is having her left ovary and tube removed at the end of the month. So good stories might make cheer her up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BelleVernonGirl
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2012 at 9:56 AM

My cousin did..it took her about $20,000 in fertility treatments and invitro and a few years...  good luck!!!

Andeigh
by Member on Mar. 15, 2012 at 9:57 AM

my best friend only has one ovary and she os pregnant with her second right now, she had to try a while, but she did it.. 

AmaliaD
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2012 at 9:58 AM

my sil was about 38 when she had an endoscopic pregnancy.   she did not know - the pregnancy went far enough to make her falopean tube explode =  so she only had one tube.  by the time she was with her current husband - she was over 40 with only one tube and didnt take precausions because she though she couldnt get pregs... and she did get pregs - about 2 months after she moved in with him -- so if she could do it - after 40 - i am sure its possible - but i am also sure it doesnt happen for everyone. 

TrouserMouse
by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 9:58 AM
My friend just got pregnant with only one ovary.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ishmay28
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2012 at 10:00 AM
I did. Both were blocked due to my endometriosis. I had a hystosalpingogram and when they shot the dye through it opened up one of the tubes. Got pregnant two weeks later after starting clomid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TrouserMouse
by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 10:01 AM
My friend that is now pregnant with her third had to have her ovary removed during her second pregnancy. She got pregnant the first month of trying for her third.

Quoting CheesyKitty:

I will be watching this post. A dear friend is having her left ovary and tube removed at the end of the month. So good stories might make cheer her up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elijahXmom
by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 10:02 AM
Yep but no me. My Aunt daughter had one tub and one ovary one on the left the other the right. She blessed with 2 kids. I have me bff she has 3 boys and only has one ovary.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 15, 2012 at 10:16 AM

Yes. I had Pelvic Inflammatory Disease when I was 20, which left scar tissue in the tube. I got pregnant 7 years later, but because of the scar tissue, I had an ectopic. We tried to get pregnant for years after that, even with fertility drugs, and couldn't. The doctors said it would be a miracle if I ever got pregnant. It actually ended my marriage. My DH wanted a baby, and the natural way only - no IVF and no adoption. Five years later, with my now ex-fiance, and after a year of unprotected sex, I got pregnant and now have a healthy 9yo dd. (We broke up when she was 2 1/2, because he decided, at 32years old, that he really DIDN'T want to be a parent. It was too much responsibility and took away from his fun.)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)