Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

New to this group :)

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 10:21 AM
  • 18 Replies

Hi, my name is Ashley. I have been on cafemom for a while now. I just joined the group and wanted to introduce myself. I am 22. I have a little girl named Alyssa. She is 2 years old. She has severe complex partial seizures, and she is very delayed in her motor skills. She cannot grab things, crawl, push herself up on tummy time, walk, talk, etc. She just got a g tube nov 30th, when she ate by mouth she aspirated. So for now she cannot have anything by mouth. Since her g tube surgery, she went from having 5 seizures a day, to now, one or none. She is able to roll to both her sides now since she has not been having as many seizures. She is finally able to hold some objects (She use to be able to hold things before the seizures started at 4 months. She was developing normal.) She is laughing and smile, and gets excited when I sign mommy to her in baby signs. She has been through so much, but is now progressing rapidly. They think she will live a normal life.

I got married June 24, 2011. I have been with my husband for almost four years now. We have 5 pets :). I am a stay at home mommy, I do have my cosmetology license though.

This seems like a fun group. I look forward to getting to know you ladies.

by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 10:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 15, 2012 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Joan is a kitty cat.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 15, 2012 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Good luck. I hope you have thick skin.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 15, 2012 at 10:24 AM

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Mar. 15, 2012 at 10:26 AM

welcome :)

EDDES
by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 10:26 AM

Hi, what a beautiful wedding picture you have; I love it; I just love weddings. I would like to pray for your child. Okay?

Thank you heavenly Father for this child, Alyssa, for strengthening her body and healing her immediately in the wonderful name of Jesus Christ Our Risen Lord and Saviour. Amen.

80s bluei love being here; thank you for spending time with me and sharing your thoughts. 

alyssaravensmom
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2012 at 10:26 AM

thank you :)

alyssaravensmom
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2012 at 10:27 AM

Thank you so much. I appreciate it :)

Quoting EDDES:

Hi, what a beautiful wedding picture you have; I love it; I just love weddings. I would like to pray for your child. Okay?

Thank you heavenly Father for this child, Alyssa, for strengthening her body and healing her immediately in the wonderful name of Jesus Christ Our Risen Lord and Saviour. Amen.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 15, 2012 at 10:36 AM

I HAVE A CAT FOR THAT:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 15, 2012 at 10:37 AM

I HAVE A CAT FOR THAT:

Keeely07
by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 10:39 AM
Welcome and good luck in this group. People can get pretty fiesty around here!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)