Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Eptopic pregnancy question.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

Ok. So I know that an eptopic pregnancy is a pregnancy where the egg implants in the wrong tube. I also know that a baby cannot grow there, and the mother can die.

Here is my question. In the case of an eptopic pregnancy, do they always perform abortions? Do they wait until the fetus has already died? 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2012 at 11:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
sfkdny
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2012 at 11:05 AM

my sister had an eptopic.  They needed to do emergency surgery to remove her tube. 

ARmomOf3
by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 11:07 AM

its not that they implant in the wrong tube, they just implant in a tube period. they arent supposed to. i think they always perform abortions. my moms best friend had an ectopic pregnancy and didnt know about it til she started having pain like menstrual cramps but worse, but every other month. she would have a period normally one month, and the next was hell cuz thats where the egg was. she had to get an abortion. docs said if she had waited even another week, the tube would have burst and she'd have bled to death

tarakay0417
by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 11:07 AM

They will abort the pregnancy the moment they find out the pregnancy is ectopic. If they wait until the baby dies then the tube can rupture and the mother can bleed internally which can kill the mother.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 15, 2012 at 11:08 AM
At 8 weeks with my ectopic pregnancy my tube ruptured and I needed emergency surgery. I almost died. I had a second one in my other tube but we caught it early on and were able to Stop a rupture by using methotrexate. Methotrexate is a medicine that stops the baby from growing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 15, 2012 at 11:12 AM
Its when the egg fertilizes and attaches in the fallopian tube. Period. If you have something growing in a place that isn't meant to stretch and grow you can die so yes... Abortions and what not are needed so you dont die. Some can move to the uterus but it's not common.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)