Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What woud you do if your family constantly talked about you?

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 6:30 PM
  • 31 Replies

I am so tired of it.
It's always something. Currently it's that my DH is a bum who doesn't work. And we are living in our car. Last week it was a hotel we were living in. All untrue.
And of course this is just what comes back to me. I am sure more is said that doesn't make it;s way back to me.
I could just cut them all out of my life I guess, but that's not fair for DD to have no family at all here in USA.
And that would make the gossip worse!
Even if I do tell them anything going on in my life, I can't trust them not to twist the truth all around and make up more stuff.
I can't trust them, tired of them being nice to my face and talking crap behind my back.
This is more or less just a vent, but maybe someone has been in a similar situation?

by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 6:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FL2AK
by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 6:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I cut them out of my life. My children still have partnof my family and we have made great friends that are like family. I don't want anyone in my life who only brings negativity.
mommamimzy2
by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 6:37 PM
This...I would.also.ask.if they weren't family would you still.tolerate this behavior

Quoting FL2AK:

I cut them out of my life. My children still have partnof my family and we have made great friends that are like family. I don't want anyone in my life who only brings negativity.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamivon2
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2012 at 6:37 PM

I would feel special.. and tell them in the most sacrastic why thank you for making me the center of attention

Tigress22304
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2012 at 6:41 PM

This is why I moved out of my parents house. Since May 2011 I've been liivng with DH and our kids-my cousin to this day makes up all sorts of lies about me.

I finally got her a few weeks back at my parents wedding reception when i outted her in front of the entire family.

Asked her-"why do you say I do all this shit when i don't leave my house? I only go food shopping or to the Wawa-other then that-Im on my property notbothering nobody"

Her response-you've always had the biggest mouth and are the nosiest bitch ive ever met.

ASked her again-why does SHE feel the need to lie about me and what i do-because really I dont talk to my parents-they cant be bothered with my or their grandkids-same goes for my siblings-so yes I have no life-other then keeping my house clean/taking care of my (s)kids and DH-I have no friends and i choose to be a homebody.

She couldnt say a damn thing. Told her-this is why I REFUSE to have friends/visit with family-because there's always gonna be that 1 person that just has to talk shit

MIA0223
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Nope. I have no problem cutting "friends" out of my life. who are 2 faced. But for some reason I just can't bring myself to cut out the 2 main trouble makers in the family. And even if I do cut out the 2 main ones, it won't stop them from talking. Won't stop everyone else from talking to them and telling them things to twist around.
I have to cut out all family.
And yeah, it's just words. IT's all untrue. But having to constantly defend myself against rumors and gossip is annoying. I have enough going on in my life without all that!

Quoting mommamimzy2:

This...I would.also.ask.if they weren't family would you still.tolerate this behavior

Quoting FL2AK:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2012 at 6:43 PM
Are these all straight up lies? Does your DH work and do u live in a house?
Sparkey6987
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2012 at 6:43 PM
I would systematically murder them one by one...with cyanide.

I don't know, I'd probably cut them out of my life until they could behave like adults.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MIA0223
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2012 at 6:45 PM

No, DH does not work in the off season, but my finanical situation isn't something I should have to explain. He doesn't have to work in the off season, we fully support ourselves, don't take money from them, no PA. And we live in a house.

Quoting Anonymous:

Are these all straight up lies? Does your DH work and do u live in a house?

MIA0223
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Lol!

Quoting Sparkey6987:

I would systematically murder them one by one...with cyanide.

I don't know, I'd probably cut them out of my life until they could behave like adults.

Angela_Barlow
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2012 at 6:46 PM
1 mom liked this
They do. Fuck 'em.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured