Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I just cant do it! Please dont bash

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 6:41 PM
  • 26 Replies
My son turned 3 in November and he still has his binky. He's very attached and I've tried to cut it back so now he only gets it at home. I wanna cut it completely out by his 4th birthday but not cold turkey. Any ideas? Please and thanks :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 6:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jb0520
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2012 at 6:42 PM
3 moms liked this
Binky fairy = new toy = no more binky worked amazing with my ds at 2.5
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Start taking it away after he falls asleep, and hide them, so he cannot find them in the morning. He'll forget about them quicker than you'd think-honestly.

xXxLillithxXx
by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 6:43 PM

I just let my son lose his and never found them lol

Anouck
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2012 at 6:45 PM
2 moms liked this

Honestly, I was PETRIFIED at the thought of taking my son's pacifier away from him after he turned 2, because he was pretty much attached to it. But... I decided to go cold turkey. I told him he was getting too be too big for a pacifier, and that we should donate his pacifiers to the binky fairy, so she could give them to little babies. See, the binky fairy comes at night (kind of like the tooth fairy), takes your pacifiers, and leaves you a present! I made up a little "mailbox", he put all his pacifiers in there, and the next morning, they were gone, but it had a present inside for him. He was VERY excited about that. I really expected that night to be a nightmare, but he was just fine. Asked for them maybe 3-4 times, I reminded him the binky fairy took them so she could give them to little babies, and that was pretty much it. 

So reality was SO much better than what I expected. Try it, you might be surprised...  

Ber-Lynn
by Count Me In on Mar. 15, 2012 at 6:45 PM
Tell him that big boys don't need them and have him toss them in the trash.
kngarber
by Katie on Mar. 15, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Just take it away is my advice.  Especially at 3.  He is old enough to understand he is a big boy and blah blah blah.  Think of the bills that may come if his teeth get messed up.  Just take it away.  He WILL be fine.

Angela_Barlow
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Quoting Ber-Lynn:

Tell him that big boys don't need them and have him toss them in the trash.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2.b.con.10.Ud
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2012 at 6:47 PM
This.

Quoting jb0520:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Torienslilmama
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2012 at 6:47 PM
1 mom liked this

i am so so so sooooooooooooo happy my kids hated the binkie, the didnt want anything to do with it!!!

KYLIEAARONMOMMY
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2012 at 6:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I did the same thing when my sin was 3. He was extremely attached to his and I was afraid it wouldn't go well. I was shocked when he never asked for it again! I told him before what was going to happen and that it would not be coming back. He did so good!

Quoting jb0520:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)