Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Circumcision and ear piercing.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 53 Replies
2 moms liked this
I don't understand why women on here don't like to pierce their girl's ears but have no issue circumcising their son. I read often that women want to give their daughter that choice or they wait until they ask. Why not do the same about circumcision? Why not leave that choice up to the son.

Here's a link to the post I just recently read.
http://m.cafemom.com/groups/read_topic.php?group_id=416&topic_id=16198174
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2012 at 11:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AquarianPath
by on Mar. 16, 2012 at 11:20 PM

all three of my boys are circ'd and my DD has her ears pierced.

UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2012 at 11:20 PM
I didn't do either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SnapIt
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2012 at 11:22 PM
2 moms liked this

My daughter has had her ears pierced since 3 months and my son is circumcised

Ohhh the horror 

lizzie_8690
by on Mar. 16, 2012 at 11:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't get it either .. but if I have a boy he won't be circ. I don't see the need in cutting of a piece of skin that is there for a reason!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissCloth
by on Mar. 16, 2012 at 11:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Totally agree. I have 3 boys and I have left them the way God intended... Intact!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melakay1981
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2012 at 11:25 PM
2 moms liked this

My son is circumcised and my daughters ears are not pierced and i honestly do not know why.  I never really thought about it.  I guess I should go upstairs and drag my 10 year old daughter out of bed and tell her she has to get her ears pierce because her brother is circumcised LOL! Really I am just kidding, not being an ass.

bi-polarmommy
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2012 at 11:26 PM

i circumcised my sons when they were born cause its cleaner, i did not pirece my daughters ears when they were born cause i was never that girly my self and didn't really DO earrings, for myself or DDs

i dont care if you pierce your daughters ears, or not, and i dont care if youcircumcise your son or not. it doesn't matter cause guess what?

THATS NOT MY KID!

Maries_Mom23
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2012 at 11:26 PM

We have 2 girls.  Before I even gave birth to our oldest, we decided her ears would not be pierced, until she asks.  No need to do it before then.  They're not my ears.  Our oldest dd is 8 and asked to be pierced at 5.  Our youngest dd is turning 5 next week and still shows no interest.

If we have a boy, he will not be circumcised.  Again, no need to do so and it's his body, not mine.  And yes, DH agrees to not have him circumcised.  He wishes he hadn't been circumcised.

Sarahv717
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2012 at 11:26 PM
My boys are circ'd.....and my dd will get her ears pierced when she gets ready to start school.....I am worried abt allergies with her....I have them to nickel....and I want her to be able to take care of them....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sPiCyNiNjAkItTy
by on Mar. 16, 2012 at 11:27 PM

my boy is circ'd and my daughter is pierced.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured