Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am trying to keep calm,,,but its very hard!!!

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2012 at 8:14 AM
  • 6 Replies

My youngest daugtere dad it back in her life after many years and I am so very happy for that cause she loves to talk with him she will call him everyday he would call her and that just makes her day.The only problem I have is that thats all he does,no many for food,clothes,nothing.He doesnt pay child support anymore and when i would ask him like hey why cant you help buy anything for my baby(which is 9 years old)he tells me that he  isnt on childsupport anymore,which ie a lie,,,so I said oh so what you are saying that someone else has to tell you to or not to take care of your child this really has me mad,,on fire at imes when he calls and tells her this and that I want to change my # so he wont call anymore but dont want to upset my baby,,,,,,ugh i really ont know what to do.

by on Mar. 17, 2012 at 8:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
amyers_2010
by on Mar. 17, 2012 at 8:24 AM
1 mom liked this

look into whether or not it is court ordered to pay suport so you can either confirm his story or realize that he really isn't ordered to pay support. if you find out that he ISNT ordered to pay then contact your local child support office and request it. they should set up a hearing and everything after sending out paperwork for you both to fill out....and you can request it be taken from his paycheck. if he IS ordered to pay it and has just found a way around having to do so....if he has a job, report to child support where he works and request it be taken from his check. if he hasnt paid in nine years and you want to get his butt moving and motivated to do so, then call Child support and make a complaint. there's steps they take to help motivate him like taking his liscence away or minor things like that. theyll take his tax return if he files too. if he's not paying child support and he went years without contact with your daughter you can also take him to court and request that there be no contact...thats the mean approach and i think that would also hurt your daughter in the process. i wouldn't suggest this last one, but throwing it out there. dead beats really get to me....my son has one of those, and id love to ring his neck, but the same as you IF and WHEN he does show up, my son is in heaven. but his mind will change when he's old enough to realize the kind of father he really is. it took me a long time to realize that about my own father, but i think the past two years ive seen my father only twice and that was on holidays.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 17, 2012 at 8:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Take him to court and get child support.

Duuuuuuh!
ShesALady
by on Mar. 17, 2012 at 8:57 AM
I imagine its frustrating but I wouldn't break their relationship over money. Does he pick her up or is it just phone calls? Try to get him to pick her up more. Maybe take her out to dinner, the movies, shopping. That way he's still paying for things. Or go back to court.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
19nene80
by on Mar. 17, 2012 at 8:46 PM

He was ordered to pay support for my daughter when she was born we have been to  court and everything but by him in and out of jail I dont know whats happening with that,and now he is back in the city where we live I figure that he would try to do the ight thing but I see not so yes I ithink that I nedd to go down and report that he is working so that my baby can get all that she is intitled to,,,Im not one of those  moms that spend the money on bills and other thing I just want whats due to my kids

19nene80
by on Mar. 17, 2012 at 8:47 PM

I not that stupid sweetie he has been on child support since my baby was some months

19nene80
by on Mar. 17, 2012 at 8:51 PM

he would tell her that he is coming to get her and then dont show up and that is what really pisses me off dont lie to her she is only 9 and she really cares for him,I dont care what comes up just dont lie

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)