Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My SD

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
So my DH and I have been married for 3 years but have been separated for 2 years. In this time we were seeing other people and he had a child with another woman. After alot of healing we have decided to try to mend our marriage. I met my SD for the first time today (she's 13 mos.) She looks exactly like my DH and I already feel attached :) I'm in for a bumpy ride because the "baby mama" is sure to raise hell. Any tips or advice for dealing?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 17, 2012 at 5:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
marine_wife0520
by on Mar. 17, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Just love her like you would your own. Good luck! This can't be easy!

outtamymynd
by Platinum Member on Mar. 17, 2012 at 5:29 PM
1 mom liked this
This. Good luck. Remember to breathe!

Quoting marine_wife0520:

Just love her like you would your own. Good luck! This can't be easy!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 17, 2012 at 5:30 PM

if you are 100 % sure your husband's story with baby mother is over, stay strong and embrace the baby

HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on Mar. 17, 2012 at 5:30 PM
I got nothing. Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 17, 2012 at 5:33 PM

are you sure you want to mend a marriage ? if the baby is 13 months, he was probably seeing this woman before you too separated

13 months plus 9 pregnancy= 22 months

are you gonna tell me he met someone the first month you too separated and they started having unprotected sex right away? and she got pregnant right the first time they had sex while she ovulated???? too much of a cpincidence

FL2AK
by on Mar. 17, 2012 at 5:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Love your step daughter and always remember that you are not her mother. Respect the mom and let her know that you are only there to help as a stepmom.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 17, 2012 at 5:51 PM
I rounded off. We were separated after about 3 mos. of our marriage

Quoting Anonymous:

are you sure you want to mend a marriage ? if the baby is 13 months, he was probably seeing this woman before you too separated

are you gonna tell me he met someone the first month you too separated and they started having unprotected sex right away? and she got pregnant right the first time they had sex while she ovulated???? too much of a cpincidence

marine_wife0520
by on Mar. 17, 2012 at 5:54 PM
1 mom liked this

It could happen. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 17, 2012 at 8:02 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I rounded off. We were separated after about 3 mos. of our marriage

Quoting Anonymous:

well..good luck

i am the kind of woman who thinks you can save a marriage that had problems aftert they were married for years.5..7..9..12

but if a marriage started off bad like yours..i dont know if it is worth putting time and energy into recycling an old man

jkleinman
by Ruby Member on Mar. 17, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Quoting FL2AK:

Love your step daughter and always remember that you are not her mother. Respect the mom and let her know that you are only there to help as a stepmom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured