Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
So my DH and I have been married for 3 years but have been separated for 2 years. In this time we were seeing other people and he had a child with another woman. After alot of healing we have decided to try to mend our marriage. I met my SD for the first time today (she's 13 mos.) She looks exactly like my DH and I already feel attached :) I'm in for a bumpy ride because the "baby mama" is sure to raise hell. Any tips or advice for dealing?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 17, 2012 at 5:27 PM
Replies (21-23):
KaylinCC
by on Mar. 17, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Treat her as if you would your own and try to respect the biological moms feelings towards this situation.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 17, 2012 at 8:32 PM
I had just turned 18 and was scared. I didn't fully understand what it took to make a marriage work. He's my high school sweetheart and I've done quite a bit of maturing since then.

Quoting jkleinman:

Every one is different. If they feel their marriage is worth the effort than good for them.

Good luck OP. I hope things work out for the best.

Can I ask why you separated to begin with? What made you decide to try to fix it?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

I rounded off. We were separated after about 3 mos. of our marriage

Quoting Anonymous:

are you sure you want to mend a marriage ? if the baby is 13 months, he was probably seeing this woman before you too separated

13 months plus 9 pregnancy= 22 months

are you gonna tell me he met someone the first month you too separated and they started having unprotected sex right away? and she got pregnant right the first time they had sex while she ovulated???? too much of a cpincidence

well..good luck

i am the kind of woman who thinks you can save a marriage that had problems aftert they were married for years.5..7..9..12

but if a marriage started off bad like yours..i dont know if it is worth putting time and energy into recycling an old man

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 17, 2012 at 8:38 PM
I don't talk to her at all. She's psycho. She messaged me when she found out she was pregnant and admitted she used him strictly for a child. She's lesbian and bi polar and has split personalities. My husband pays children support and get his supervision and weekends. Even though she's crazy I respect that she's her mother and I don't mess with that. She simply said to my DH that if her daughter is around me she doesn't want to know

Quoting cherrywaves21:

This times a million. Do not overstep your bounds. Also stay far far away from the hair. Birth moms can seriously get irate over their kids hair. I dont blame them:)

Quoting FL2AK:

Love your step daughter and always remember that you are not her mother. Respect the mom and let her know that you are only there to help as a stepmom.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN