Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I bought a house and i let it get forclosed on

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
I bought a house in NC and decided not to pay the mortgage and it got foreclosed on. Someone stole my identity and bought a house and didn't pay the mortgage. The house got foreclosed on and now its on my credit. Now I gotta convince the mortgage company that my identity was stolen. Fml
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 17, 2012 at 7:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 17, 2012 at 7:50 PM

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Mar. 17, 2012 at 7:51 PM

This happened to me somewhat. Someone forged my signature and used my credit rating to rent a house in Florida lol They never paid rent and did a bunch of damage. I simply had to send the lawyer a copy of my signature on my id card.

2kidsandamom08
by on Mar. 17, 2012 at 7:52 PM

That sucks sorry.

sweet.lil.mama
by on Mar. 17, 2012 at 7:53 PM
That sucks :( someone stole my bil gf walley, opened up a bank acct and now she has a huge overdraft
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whoda007
by on Mar. 17, 2012 at 7:55 PM

I bought a house that was in foreclosure and it is falling down around my ears. I wonder if this would work for me. LOL. I kid, I kid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 17, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Wait I'm confused.

Did you buy a house and it got foreclosed AND someone bought a house under your identity and it got foreclosed too?

Are there two houses or one?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 17, 2012 at 7:57 PM
Someone stole my identity and bought a house. Didn't make the payments and got foreclosed on. Now its on my credit

Quoting Anonymous:

Wait I'm confused.

Did you buy a house and it got foreclosed AND someone bought a house under your identity and it got foreclosed too?

Are there two houses or one?

notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Mar. 17, 2012 at 7:58 PM
1 mom liked this

if you have a lease where you are that would work, make a bunch of copies, send one to each credit bureau, the cops ect. identity theft sucks trust me i know.

oh and put a fraud alerft on your credit.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 17, 2012 at 8:04 PM

UGH I'm so sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you tried to find a lawyer?  If you go to church, your church might be able to pay for it. Or any church could.

I'm so sorry!

nov30mom
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2012 at 8:04 PM

You might also contact the media. This one be a good news story on a show like Inside Edition

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)