Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dont know what to do

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies

This is really on my mind, I am so utterly scared, so worried about my future of wanting more children...

That being said, a year ago I was diagnosed with PCOS. I have not seen a dr since then until Thursday.

About a month ago I found a lump near my uterus (by pressing on my belly) I really didnt think anything of it and blew it off. (Life has been super busy) So flash forward to this past Thursday when I was laying on my back and was feeling my stomach, I then realized that the lump had grown majorly. I freaked, had my husband feel the area, he freaked as well. Needless to say he took me ASAP to the ER. I was so worried because my Mom had passed from cevical cancer. The Dr ran some tests and scheduled me for a ultra sound to see what it was. On Friday I had the ultra sound. The ultra sound tech was utterly shocked by what she saw, a huge black mass that measured approximately 8in in diameter. And she thinks its definately attached to my left ovary. So right now its a waiting game for the OBGYN to call me. The tech said it will definately have to be removed surgically.

We have been trying for a baby for a while now. And I feel like I will never have kids again. (both ovaries are cystic) Everyone is worried it might be cancerous, I am so freaked out about the idea of that... but I am a fighter I will fight. But if they decide to take my ovary/ies I dont know what I will do. A part of me will die. I have yet to tell alot of people, probably for the best since I have yet to actually see the OBGYN. But I know surgery is inevitable...not worried about that part... And I know some will say well just adopt.. I would utterly love to because I am myself adopted but there is a catch. My husband would not pass a background check nor do we have the money for a lawyer etc....

I am just at a loss as to what to think or do or even act I am kinda numb... How in the heck can it be that huge? (tech said it was the biggest ovarian cyst she had every seen.) So anyway, if you read this and it was all over the place I am sorry.. but I just had to get it out... tell someone other then some family... and maybe even see if someone themselves have gone througha huge cyst like this...

Anyway thank you for your time!

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 17, 2012 at 8:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Mare1180
by on Mar. 17, 2012 at 8:35 PM
:( hugs im sorry I don't know what to say
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Twix.Leigh
by Platinum Member on Mar. 17, 2012 at 8:37 PM
Huge hugs!! Glad to hear you found it and can have it removed. My mum lived with one for most my childhood and had emergency surgery when I was 15. Mind you her drs ignored her pleas and symptoms for a long time. Said it was her drugs playing tricks on her mind. I hope that you can conceive after, and wish for the best for you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)