Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

do u make your child..

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 9:50 AM
  • 276 Replies
Eat things they dont like.
My parents would make dinner when i was little and i would say about 4-5 times a week i would go to bed hungry. I seriouslly didnt like meat and every night it would be steak ..pork chops ..meatloaf or somethinga covered in barbeque sauce..etc. Now that im a parent thinking back on this.. i see how wrong it was. How can u force your child to eat something they dont like?!?!
And for the record, i wasnt just being a picky kid.. i still to this day will not touch a steak or a pork chop and seriously the smell of barbeque sauce makes me nauseas. I know meat does provide protien and its an important part of a childs diet. They could have found other foods to make up for it tho.
Do u force ur kids to eat food they dont like?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 9:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Elyce225
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2012 at 9:51 AM
21 moms liked this

I force my kids to try new things, if they don't like it I don't make them eat it.

kemmerer411
by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 9:52 AM
4 moms liked this
Nope. I offer alternatives.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shaken1976
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2012 at 9:53 AM
7 moms liked this

My daughter absolutely MUST try foods.  IF she doesn't like them then she doesn't have to eat them.  But if she is pitching a fit about trying it before she even takes a bite then she has to try more than one bite because she has already decided she doesn't like it.

hp2011
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2012 at 9:54 AM
2 moms liked this

My 3yo likes any meat as long as I tell him it's chicken.

He's not too bad of a picky eater, but when there were a few things he said he didn't like, I wanted him to at least try it. Most of the time he'd end up liking it.

.MoM.
by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 9:56 AM
2 moms liked this
No but they have to at least try it. My kids aren't very picky though
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Mar. 18, 2012 at 9:59 AM

IDK He's almost 11 and so far I haven't found anything he doesn't like.

RissyLee
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2012 at 9:59 AM
My son is only 19 months, and so far the only thing he won't eat is black olives. When he's older, he must take at least two bites or try a new food. If he doesn't like any vegetables when he gets older, then he's just out of luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brokenangel624
by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 9:59 AM
Yes and no... I make them try food, i normally have something else they can fill up on. Some days though I will not please everyone and they will eat what I make. My mom did it to me and though maybe at the time I thought she was mean but now I understand why. One reason is im not going to cook 3 or 4 different meals just to make everyone happy. Second is if my kids have eaten something in the past but now decide they dont like it oh well, i know they can eat it and probably just dont feel like eating it right then. So basicaly no i will not starve my kids but no. Dont give them food they love every single day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
midnight_storm
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2012 at 9:59 AM
2 moms liked this
I do have a 3 bite 3 times rule. They must take at least 3 small bites the first time, second time, and third time it's offered. After that if they don't like it, I don't offer it again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mare1180
by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 10:01 AM
this.

Quoting Elyce225:

I force my kids to try new things, if they don't like it I don't make them eat it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)