Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Somebody had to do it!!! Circ Poll!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Is your son or will he be circumcised?

Options:

Yes

No

Don't Know

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 155

View Results

Do you or will you have your son circumcised? Please vote and give an explanation for your choice.  I circumcised my ds and am pregnant with another boy who will be also. I dont believe it is mutilation at all. IMO they are cleaner that way, less infection.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2012 at 2:07 PM
Replies (61-70):
Ber-Lynn
by Count Me In on Mar. 18, 2012 at 3:54 PM
I don't have a son, and I honestly don't know. It is something that we would have to discuss.
Misery_Stitches
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Now that would be cool huh, no, its because as I already have replied to her earlier, that the circ rate in my country is only around 10%... so that means 90% being the majority are walking around with their penises intact lol... I dont need to look in their pants to know lol

Quoting Anonymous:

She has X-ray vision LOL .

Quoting xomrs.chase:

how do you know if strangers are or not?

Quoting Misery_Stitches:

DS is intact (as are all my friends, all ex boyfriends, family [nephews, brothers, dad, uncles etc] and majority of random strangers I walk past in the street).

SO and one little boy are the only people I know who are circed. SO due to hypospadias (penis deformity) and the other kid I dont know why - but it was fucked up.

brokenangel624
by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 3:58 PM
Yes when my son is born he will be circumcised. My dh was not until about 2yrs ago. He had developed a condition that everytime he woul get hard or we would try to have sex his forskin would not stretch and he would end up getting torn. It was making sex almost impossible and caused him a great deal of pain. The pain from the surgery was really bad also because he would still get hard even though he was not healed which would pull at the skin. It is not always done for cosmetic reasons and we feel its better to have done as a baby then in his 20s.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom_of_Grace
by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 4:19 PM

My son is intact. When we found out we were having a boy that was one of the first things we started researching. We didn't just look it up online. We talked to family members, friends who had sons, our pedi, and my ob/gyn. In the end, we decided it was best for our son to not be circumsized. It just worked out that DF is not circumsized either, so he will be able to teach him how to properly clean it.

He is six months old, and we have not had any issues with it whatsoever. DF has never had any issues with being left intact either.

mammabear413
by Member on Mar. 18, 2012 at 4:22 PM

i really honestly dont care what people do with their own kids, but my son is circ . and it works for us . 

LbH8rproof
by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 4:26 PM
My opinion, and I repeat MY OPINION is that it's easier to keep clean if it's circumcised. I have 3 boys and all of them are circumcised.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Des10ed2b
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2012 at 4:44 PM

lol. yeah, "other" is what i chose. moderate circumcision is where a small piece of the foreskin is removed, but most of it is left. In my son's case, just the top of it was removed so the foreskin could be restractable to clean and the rest was left. i guess the best way to describe it would be that his foreskin looks "baggy" instead of tight to the tip. His peditrician is the one who did it. We talked with her a good deal before we had him. My husband wanted him circumcised. i was on the fence. so we sat and talked with her and got her take on it. this was her suggestion and it is apparently becoming a more common option. 

i think the most important part of any circ debate is just that you are educated and really have a reason for why or why not you do it. i also think its important to ask questions. exactly WHO is going to do it. HOW are they going to do it. WHEN are they. WHERE are they. etc. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I added a Other option. I didnt realize that there was a gray area. I always thought it was pretty black and white. Im not familiar with moderate circumcision could you please expain to me what that is? Im really curious.

Quoting Des10ed2b:

my son is only moderately circumsized. but there wasnt an option for that!

My2Midgets01
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Yes, because his dad wanted him to be, and because all of the men in both of our families are circumcised. 

KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2012 at 4:49 PM

My son was circ'd. He actually was born with hypospadias, so couldn't have it done until 8 months of age. He was asleep the whole time.

littlest.angel
by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 5:42 PM
Nice! I thought UK immediately when I read your response. :)

Quoting Misery_Stitches:

New Zealand

Quoting littlest.angel:

Just out of complete curiosity, where do you live?

Quoting Misery_Stitches:

DS is intact (as are all my friends, all ex boyfriends, family [nephews, brothers, dad, uncles etc] and majority of random strangers I walk past in the street).

SO and one little boy are the only people I know who are circed. SO due to hypospadias (penis deformity) and the other kid I dont know why - but it was fucked up.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured