Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Somebody had to do it!!! Circ Poll!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Is your son or will he be circumcised?

Options:

Yes

No

Don't Know

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 155

View Results

Do you or will you have your son circumcised? Please vote and give an explanation for your choice.  I circumcised my ds and am pregnant with another boy who will be also. I dont believe it is mutilation at all. IMO they are cleaner that way, less infection.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2012 at 2:07 PM
Replies (21-30):
Misery_Stitches
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2012 at 2:29 PM

New Zealand

Quoting littlest.angel:

Just out of complete curiosity, where do you live?

Quoting Misery_Stitches:

DS is intact (as are all my friends, all ex boyfriends, family [nephews, brothers, dad, uncles etc] and majority of random strangers I walk past in the street).

SO and one little boy are the only people I know who are circed. SO due to hypospadias (penis deformity) and the other kid I dont know why - but it was fucked up.

mamaclairbear
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2012 at 2:30 PM

We chose not to do it because I couldn't really find any medical validity to doing it. DH is uncirced and doesn't have any issues with infections. Also I feel that since DH is also uncirced he will be able to teach our son all about proper hygiene in that area.

Come check out my blog. I promise you'll have fun...

http://tryingtogetby-tryingtogetby.blogspot.com/

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 18, 2012 at 2:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Absolutely not. There was no reason to cut my boys. They are perfect.
xomrs.chase
by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 2:31 PM

my son is intact. its purely cosmetic so we decided (after much research and debate) not to do it

Greekmama21
by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 2:33 PM

We will not circumcise our son if we have one. We don't want him to be the odd one out compared to his peers world wide. Besides, everyone knows the Europeans have amazing sex and they don't circ:)  

xomrs.chase
by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 2:33 PM

how do you know if strangers are or not?

Quoting Misery_Stitches:

DS is intact (as are all my friends, all ex boyfriends, family [nephews, brothers, dad, uncles etc] and majority of random strangers I walk past in the street).

SO and one little boy are the only people I know who are circed. SO due to hypospadias (penis deformity) and the other kid I dont know why - but it was fucked up.

Allie_kat1
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2012 at 2:33 PM
I have 2 girls and am due in july with a boy. I will not be getting him circ'd. I can't justify putting my newborn through a painful, elective surgery that has risks for solely cosmetic reasons. If he were to need it for medical reasons we would, but barring that he will be left intact.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
conweis
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2012 at 2:33 PM

Me too. My two oldest are snipped my youngest isn't.

Quoting mommythree0508:

My son is circumcised. I left this decision to my husband as he knows more about having a penis than I so.

AngelDemon.gif picture by conweis

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Mar. 18, 2012 at 2:33 PM

Yes. Both steo sons are and any future sons will be. It's a religios requirement.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2012 at 2:35 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

you forgot an other.

I added one for ya!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN