Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Somebody had to do it!!! Circ Poll!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Is your son or will he be circumcised?

Options:

Yes

No

Don't Know

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 155

View Results

Do you or will you have your son circumcised? Please vote and give an explanation for your choice.  I circumcised my ds and am pregnant with another boy who will be also. I dont believe it is mutilation at all. IMO they are cleaner that way, less infection.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2012 at 2:07 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2012 at 2:35 PM
2 moms liked this

I circ'd my first son under pressure from my Mom. I was young and not informed. My second son is not. 

I seriously hope this doesn't start a trend. If I see a BF poll post later, I will riot. heh.   * I will add I could care less what people do with their children's private parts cause well.. it's private and none of my business. *

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2012 at 2:36 PM
My son is uncircumcised many factors played into our choice what it came down to was my husband is not and knows more of how boys keep their stuff so we choose to keep our son the same as my husband. It isn't really that big of a deal to us.
notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2012 at 2:36 PM
Other, my son is, I regret it and if we ever have another I will not mutilate him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Misery_Stitches
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2012 at 2:37 PM

I said Majority - which means most - which means I dont know if they are or not but statistically, most (approx 90%) are not done in my country, it is not even offered. If you want to get it done, you have to search for someone that will do it, and most will not do it unless medically neccesary.

Quoting xomrs.chase:

how do you know if strangers are or not?

Quoting Misery_Stitches:

DS is intact (as are all my friends, all ex boyfriends, family [nephews, brothers, dad, uncles etc] and majority of random strangers I walk past in the street).

SO and one little boy are the only people I know who are circed. SO due to hypospadias (penis deformity) and the other kid I dont know why - but it was fucked up.

Des10ed2b
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2012 at 2:37 PM

my son is only moderately circumsized. but there wasnt an option for that!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2012 at 2:38 PM
I have 2 boys, both are done. Due with another boy in July. He will be as well. I don't need to defend my parenting decisions. You make your choices for your son, I'll make them for mine.
singlemom1208
by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 2:39 PM
Same for me except I didn't watch them do it

Quoting BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs:

My son is. I really don't have much to say about it, though. Lol.

The thought to not do it never crossed my mind. I didn't get into reading all the pros and cons before. I just did what the norm is. I have read the pros and cons since, and I honestly don't regret my decision.

I was even in the room while he had it done. So no, I don't buy into the horror stories of the procedure being done on the baby. Save your youtube videos for someone else. Haha.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bri060492
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2012 at 2:40 PM

Other, I had my son when I was 15. I was put under pressure by the father, his parents, and my family to get my son circ. I regret doing it.

Any future boys will not be circ.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2012 at 2:40 PM

I added a Other option. I didnt realize that there was a gray area. I always thought it was pretty black and white. Im not familiar with moderate circumcision could you please expain to me what that is? Im really curious.

Quoting Des10ed2b:

my son is only moderately circumsized. but there wasnt an option for that!

xomrs.chase
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2012 at 2:40 PM

ohhhh statistics hahaha !!

i was picturing a nudist colony or something......

Quoting Misery_Stitches:

I said Majority - which means most - which means I dont know if they are or not but statistically, most (approx 90%) are not done in my country, it is not even offered. If you want to get it done, you have to search for someone that will do it, and most will not do it unless medically neccesary.

Quoting xomrs.chase:

how do you know if strangers are or not?

Quoting Misery_Stitches:

DS is intact (as are all my friends, all ex boyfriends, family [nephews, brothers, dad, uncles etc] and majority of random strangers I walk past in the street).

SO and one little boy are the only people I know who are circed. SO due to hypospadias (penis deformity) and the other kid I dont know why - but it was fucked up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)