Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Somebody had to do it!!! Circ Poll!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Is your son or will he be circumcised?

Options:

Yes

No

Don't Know

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 155

View Results

Do you or will you have your son circumcised? Please vote and give an explanation for your choice.  I circumcised my ds and am pregnant with another boy who will be also. I dont believe it is mutilation at all. IMO they are cleaner that way, less infection.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2012 at 2:07 PM
Replies (41-50):
conniejo75
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2012 at 2:41 PM
My oldest is circ because i didnt know anything else. With my second he is not
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
activitymode
my sons are both intact. Never had any problems.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
msb64
When I was pregnant with my son, I lived in a country where it was very uncommon for boys to be circumcised and not routinely done. So my Dh and I decided not to have it done. I actually ended up coming back the states for delivery but circumcision was not covered by our insurance and none of my friends at the time who had little boys had had it done.

My DS is 9 years old and has never had any issues being uncut - I think there are pros and cons to both and a decision that is totally up to the parents:)
FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2012 at 2:42 PM

My son is intact. I felt it was uneccessary and I wasn't going to spend money to cut off part of my son's penis without a medical reason. I also was worried about the possibility of complications. 

geistans
by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 2:43 PM

My son is intact as well, my son has never had an infection either.

Quoting cLanief:

my son is intact. State doesnt cover it and we didnt have the money at the time... When my son was on tricare and could get it done we decided not to... It was no biggy. Never had a problem with it either.

@~~~>~~~  I love my Three Princesses and One Prince! 
I am also step mom to Two great Boys!!!  ~~~~<~~~~~@

To realize the value of one month: Ask a mother who has given birth to a premature baby.

xtwistedxlovex
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Other; yes he is, but I really regret it.

Misery_Stitches
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2012 at 2:45 PM

lol no no no :)

Quoting xomrs.chase:

ohhhh statistics hahaha !!

i was picturing a nudist colony or something......

Quoting Misery_Stitches:

I said Majority - which means most - which means I dont know if they are or not but statistically, most (approx 90%) are not done in my country, it is not even offered. If you want to get it done, you have to search for someone that will do it, and most will not do it unless medically neccesary.

Quoting xomrs.chase:

how do you know if strangers are or not?

Quoting Misery_Stitches:

DS is intact (as are all my friends, all ex boyfriends, family [nephews, brothers, dad, uncles etc] and majority of random strangers I walk past in the street).

SO and one little boy are the only people I know who are circed. SO due to hypospadias (penis deformity) and the other kid I dont know why - but it was fucked up.

cLanief
by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 2:46 PM
the only thing that's ever happened was him getting lint or my hair somehow wrapped around it. But then again... Same thing happened to his giggle berries so no biggy. Lmfao

Quoting geistans:

My son is intact as well, my son has never had an infection either.

Quoting cLanief:

my son is intact. State doesnt cover it and we didnt have the money at the time... When my son was on tricare and could get it done we decided not to... It was no biggy. Never had a problem with it either.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ejbljb
by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 2:53 PM
Yes, but if I had another boy I would consider not circumsizing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gingerella
by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 2:57 PM
3 moms liked this

If a son had been my first child I would have ignorantly got it done. Like some pp I thought that it just WAS. I would have never considered or researched my options. I am now an older, wiser woman ;) who has 3 girls and a baby boy due next month and he will definitely not be circed. He will arrive perfect as did my girls. He won't require any cutting. If he's blonde unlike his Father then I will not dye his hair black to look like his Father....neither will I mutilate any of his body parts so they can be similar. I will clean it as I will his hands...and any other body part for that matter. If he would like his penis cut then he may make that decision himself. I won't make irreversible decisions about his body parts. I think his foreskin is needed...whether you believe in God or evolution or both...he will be born with a foreskin and I believe it's for a reason. I believe it will enhance his sexual experience and that of his SO. AND on top of the reasons why I won't cut him....I can't think of one good reason TO cut him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN