Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Somebody had to do it!!! Circ Poll!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Is your son or will he be circumcised?

Options:

Yes

No

Don't Know

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 155

View Results

Do you or will you have your son circumcised? Please vote and give an explanation for your choice.  I circumcised my ds and am pregnant with another boy who will be also. I dont believe it is mutilation at all. IMO they are cleaner that way, less infection.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2012 at 2:07 PM
Replies (51-60):
aschwarz06
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2012 at 2:58 PM
Hmm medicade covered my sons. I wonder if it varies from state to.state

Quoting cLanief:

my son is intact. State doesnt cover it and we didnt have the money at the time... When my son was on tricare and could get it done we decided not to... It was no biggy. Never had a problem with it either.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snowpeasmom
by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 2:59 PM
No, to me its cosmetic or for religious reason....

I don't follow a religion that requires it. Plus half my family is still in the old country...(England, Norway, Demark) and they aren't and none of them in those countries have issue so I don't believe the health facts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bknotnobody
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2012 at 2:59 PM
3 moms liked this
No because I felt it was genital mutilation. I asked plenty of guys and in the end felt it was unnecessary. My son can make that choice when he's older if he wants to change it. If it ain't broke don't fix it ya know??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cLanief
by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 3:01 PM
it does. In wa in 06 it was considered cosmetic.

Quoting aschwarz06:

Hmm medicade covered my sons. I wonder if it varies from state to.state

Quoting cLanief:

my son is intact. State doesnt cover it and we didnt have the money at the time... When my son was on tricare and could get it done we decided not to... It was no biggy. Never had a problem with it either.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Safrianna
by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 3:03 PM

My boys will never be circed. I've done my research and stand by the fact that it is a better choice. If he/they want to get circed when they're older, that's fine. It's their body. They should be able to make a choice for themselves.

jjchick75
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2012 at 3:05 PM

Yes all 3 of my sons are circumcised and I have no regrets and if I had another son I would do the same. My husband wasn't done as a baby and had to have it done when he was older. It was a horrible horrible experience. I left the decision up to him and there was never any doubt our boys would be done. I was in the room when my 2 month old was done at 3 days old. There was nothing awful about it. He only whimpered a little and it was over. They gave him back to me and he nursed for a few minutes and went to sleep. It was almost completely healed within a week and half or so. I couldn't care less if other people circumcise or not.

icantshowmyface
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2012 at 3:05 PM

When he gets older he's going to be insecure that he has an ugly penis and mad his mommy and daddy didn't make it pretty like everyone elses

Playitagain
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2012 at 3:13 PM

My husband made this choice for both our boys. I would have done the same, I know lots of young women who openly have said they wouldnt have sex with somebody who wasnt. I figured Dh knew more about having a penis then I did. My brothers comment is that his friend had it done when he was 19, he wont even speak to his mother now. His thing is she should have had it done when he was born, it would have been better. He also had infections.

My cousin claims to be against it, but all 3 of her boys are, because her husband felt they should.  I thought it was kinda funny when they did it because shes a soap box type of person. But 90% of her stuff she goes back on later.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 18, 2012 at 3:48 PM
1 mom liked this
She has X-ray vision LOL .

Quoting xomrs.chase:

how do you know if strangers are or not?

Quoting Misery_Stitches:

DS is intact (as are all my friends, all ex boyfriends, family [nephews, brothers, dad, uncles etc] and majority of random strangers I walk past in the street).

SO and one little boy are the only people I know who are circed. SO due to hypospadias (penis deformity) and the other kid I dont know why - but it was fucked up.

AdellesMom
by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Yes. He's circumcised.

If I ever have another son, he'll get circumcised too. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN