Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does anyone else go insane from CONSTANT talking and noise?

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 3:54 PM
  • 23 Replies

I love my son, really love him more than anything.  And, I accept him for who he is, and that he is not anything like me personality-wise.

But, I am a quiet person.  I speak so little that when I do talk, people actually comment on me doing so.  I LIKE quiet.

It is just my son and I that live in this house, and he speaks CONSTANTLY.  I cannot stress that word enough.  It is NON-FREAKING-STOP.  Or he makes annoying repetitive noises.

"nnnnnaaaaaa, nnnnnnaaaa, mommy mommy mommy do you like my helicopter noise mommy? I like it, I love it nnnnnnaaaaaa, nnnnnnnnaaaaaa, nnnnnnaaa, lookit me lookit me! lookit what I can do NNNNNNNAAAAAAAA, I love helicopters they are so cool, do you like them mommy?!!!!!!"

Do any other moms have a chatty kid that drives them crazy?

by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 3:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
phoebe81
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Heck ya! My daughter is a chatterbox. My favorite part of the day is late at night when my husband is working and the kids are finally asleep. No music, no tv, no NOTHING. Just blessed silence...

"Sometimes it is better to be kind than right. We do not need an intelligent mind that speaks, but a patient heart that listens."

SamNStefanMommy
by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 3:56 PM
I have 3 boys and some days, the noise is enough to make me nauseous!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
divinedimension
by Not Miss Cleo on Mar. 18, 2012 at 3:57 PM
Lolol..yeah. My dh does this! He has to be speaking constantly.
NDADanceMom
by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 3:57 PM

My youngest is like that.  I tell her to watch the clock and stop talking for 2 minutes.  Even a small break like that makes me feel so much better.

SheciaBaby
by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 3:57 PM
Yep!! I understand:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
simplybyheart
by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 3:58 PM
Haha you are not alone! I've got a very loud daughter... I'm constantly telling her to use a quiet voice...and I absolutely loath the phrase "I want" bahhhhh... drives me insane! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ButterMeUp
by Butters on Mar. 18, 2012 at 3:58 PM

lol, Im the talkative one in my family. My husband just closes my lips if I talk to too much.....or he just walks away. My DD just starts crying if Im jabbering. She feels bad for not wanting to listen but even worse to hear me. 

I cant help it I have ADD, I try to self monitor but I can really just go on and one forever. 

SamNStefanMommy
by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 3:58 PM
Do you ever wake up iNSANELY early, just to have some alone time? LOL my SO thinks i'm crazy for doing it but, seriously, it's the only time i get any me time.

Quoting phoebe81:

Heck ya! My daughter is a chatterbox. My favorite part of the day is late at night when my husband is working and the kids are finally asleep. No music, no tv, no NOTHING. Just blessed silence...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheMrs407
by Emerald Member on Mar. 18, 2012 at 4:00 PM

I'm a kindergarten teacher.  Thus far I love my toddlers jabber.  It's peaceful compared to my students.

However, it sounds like you DS is doing it to bother you on purpose.  Just like when we were kids, if you don't act like it bothers you, they will stop.

Mare1180
by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 4:00 PM
yup! I have two boys and my older son who's almost 6 is like this and he's making his baby brother crazy too! LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN