Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Did you... (Circ/Intact S/O)

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 4:28 PM
  • 40 Replies

Did you research it before you made the decision to leave your son intact or to have him circumsized?

I really don't care if people do or don't circumsize. I just see a lot of people saying that it was never a question of what they were going to do, or that they left it up to SO/DF/DH. I would think that with something as serious as that, people would base their decision off of what they truly believe is best... not off of what the family thinks, your neighbor thinks, because most people do it, etc. etc.

I am not trying to start a circ/anti-circ war here. I'm just curious as to if you researched the topic before making your decision.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Check out my blog - Loving Life As Mommy of Two! cae2392.blogspot.com
by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 4:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 18, 2012 at 4:29 PM
2 moms liked this
I didn't have to research because he was born perfect.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 18, 2012 at 4:29 PM
Honestly, no I didn't.

I did it because I wanted to and felt that it was right. I do not regret having my sons circ'ed at all.
Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Mar. 18, 2012 at 4:31 PM

I did, a lot.  I have two boys who are and one who is not.

Mom_of_Grace
by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 4:33 PM

I agree with this, but when I was pregnant I didn't know much about the topic. Most people around me were telling me that circ'ing is best. If I would have just went with what they said, my son would be circ'ed. Instead, I took it into my own hands and came to a different conclusion about what was best for my son.

Quoting Anonymous:

I didn't have to research because he was born perfect.

Liz132
by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 4:36 PM

I did research it when I was pregnant with my son. I hadn't thought about it before then. Most males I know are circumcised so I didn't think it was a big deal. I had never even seen an intact penis IRL before my son was born but I like to know the facts before I make decisions for my family. Once I researched it I decided to leave my son intact and I am now very against infant circumcisions.

Ber-Lynn
by Count Me In on Mar. 18, 2012 at 4:38 PM
I don't have a boy but if I ever do, yes I will do research. Then we will sit down and discuss what we want to do with our son.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 18, 2012 at 4:38 PM
I did not do research.
I did get him circumcised...
All for vain reasons... I hate being with a man who is not... That embarrassing smell...
Kat31
by AlwaysWatching on Mar. 18, 2012 at 4:38 PM
No I didn't really research it all. I just went with the flow because everyone I knew was circumcised. I regret getting my eldest circumcised and his younger brother will not be.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
little.knickers
by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 4:40 PM
1 mom liked this
I didn't research it, because it is a very uncommon procedure here in England. It never occurred to me to subject my infant to an unnecessary operation on their genitals.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
missamanda86
by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 4:40 PM

There was no research to be done...there was no discussion, we circ'd and will this one and any future sons i have...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN