Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Did you... (Circ/Intact S/O)

Posted by   + Show Post

Did you research it before you made the decision to leave your son intact or to have him circumsized?

I really don't care if people do or don't circumsize. I just see a lot of people saying that it was never a question of what they were going to do, or that they left it up to SO/DF/DH. I would think that with something as serious as that, people would base their decision off of what they truly believe is best... not off of what the family thinks, your neighbor thinks, because most people do it, etc. etc.

I am not trying to start a circ/anti-circ war here. I'm just curious as to if you researched the topic before making your decision.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Check out my blog - Loving Life As Mommy of Two! cae2392.blogspot.com
by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 4:28 PM
Replies (11-20):
Misery_Stitches
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2012 at 4:40 PM

I didn't have to, as another poster said, he was born perfect. Also medical professionals in New Zealand decided in the 80s that it was not medically necessary... so its not even offered here. 

happy-go-lucky
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2012 at 4:41 PM
Nope, dh wanted him cericumsiced, and that was it. If dh hadn't already had two boys from his first marriage who were cericumsiced it might have been different.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom_of_Grace
by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Umm, DF is not circumsized, and he has no "embarrassing smell." The guy you were with must not have kept his very clean?

Quoting Anonymous:

I did not do research.
I did get him circumcised...
All for vain reasons... I hate being with a man who is not... That embarrassing smell...

msb64
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2012 at 4:43 PM
I had always assumed I would have my son circ'ed but was pregnant in a country where it was rarely done. After researching whether or not to circ, felt good about the decision not to.
Mom_of_Grace
by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 4:45 PM

If you did research, do you think your decision would change?

Quoting missamanda86:

There was no research to be done...there was no discussion, we circ'd and will this one and any future sons i have...

missamanda86
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Nope

Quoting Mom_of_Grace:

If you did research, do you think your decision would change?

Quoting missamanda86:

There was no research to be done...there was no discussion, we circ'd and will this one and any future sons i have...

ChickenTheChina
by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 4:48 PM

This is going to sound stupid, but I honestly thought you had to circumsize. I only have daughters, so I've never had to worry about it. I guess I grew up thinking it was mandatory because if not, they'd get infections and whatnot. There was a boy at my school who wasn't circumsized, and everyone called him "Ardvark". I'm not exactly sure why. As you can tell, I don't know all the facts about circumsizing. I feel bad for the little baby boys who have to go through the pain though :( What are the benefits of doing it/not doing it?

cLanief
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2012 at 4:48 PM
no research... Why the hell do people have to research shit just to decide what to do with their own life? So much shit is sooooo "biased" there's no right or wrong.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TruCowboysFan
by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 4:52 PM
1 mom liked this
No, I didn't research. There was never any question as to whether or not it would be done if I had a son. I wanted him to be circumcised so I had it done. Call me selfish, call me a bad mother, either way he is my son and it was my decision. I'm pretty sure hell never come home and say "I wish I had my foreskin, mom." I did what I thought was right and I don't judge other moms when it comes to their decision on this subject. Honestly, I don't care whether or not other mothers do it or don't do it. I, actually, didn't even realize it was SUCH a big deal until I joined this site.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RhondaVeggie
by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 4:54 PM
I researched because I wondered why some people do it. I still don't know why some people mutilate their sons' genitals at birth but now I have a host of reasons not to do it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)