Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Am I Being Selfish?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I am a SAHM of a DD who is 5, love her to pieces, I also love my husband whom I've been married to for almost 10 years.

Well, I recently went back to school because I got tired of not getting a job (I've put out applications everywhere for years), and because of the jobs in retail or food is not gaurantee, I decided to go into the medical field.

My husband has a full-time job, on top of that, he has a website along with a band. When he is home, he spends his time in the bedroom working.

I'm in the living room constantly doing my homework and taking care of our daughter.

Is it wrong for me to want to tell my husband to just stop what he is doing for 1 day (yeah, he works on weekends too), and be a father while I go in the room and have time to myself to concentrate on what I need to do?

Oh, and I also want to tell him that I would rather him tell me the blunt truth than to lie to me to spare my feelings. For example, on friday, he decided he wasn't going to work because he wants to spend time with me, well, he ended up working, and he got mad when I brought it up

Give me your opinions please

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2012 at 4:56 PM
Replies (11-12):
lovinglife0682
by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 5:24 PM
I am sorry. Many men do not seem to understand that you have to put time into building relationships with your spouse and your kids.

Quoting caroberts:

Quoting lovinglife0682:

Quoting caroberts:

I know how  you feel : (  I've finally accepted that all my husband wants me for is to take care of our son, keep up the house, help pay bills and last but DEF NOT LEAST give him PUSSY!!!!  He stayed home today to hang out with us but guess what he's been doing for the last 5 hours.....sleeping.  I've gotten to the point where I don't even care anymore, saves me the anquish.  Good luck!!!!!

Unfortunately your husband does not see that he is not establishing a relationship with his son, which is sad.

I know : (  He's very selfish.  I work M-F, he has every Thursday off and never keeps our son (2yrs old) unless he's sick, instead he plays Disc Golf.  It breaks my heart because I know if my son understood this, it would break his heart too.  My son loves his daddy! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lowencope
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2012 at 5:25 PM
I think u know who is being selfish here and u don't need validation from us. Tell that man to get his head out of his ass
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN