Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So freakin pissed off

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies

My boys 12 and 6 spent the night at a friends/neighbors house Saturday night. When I walked over at around 10:30 Sunday morning to see if my oldest took his medicine I found my 6 year old and their 7 year old in the backyard playing around the pool while the older kids and the parents were still sleeping. I flipped out and told their son to go inside and I made my son come home and not go over to play for the rest of the day. I also talked to the parents later that day and they said they had told all the kids that they were not allowed to play outside at all and that the kids had snuck out their and that they would make sure it never happened again. So, today all the kids have been bouncing back and forth between my house and theirs (spring break, so no school) just now I walk over to have mine come home and I find all the kids on the boat fishing with no life jackets (we live on a lake) while mommy is sleeping in the house!  I am so freaking mad, that is it. From now on they are playing over here or not at all. I watch them when they are here and I would expect the same when they are there. I just took my kids home and I will let her know how unhappy I am later. Do you think I am overreacting?

angry

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2012 at 3:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommytoKandO
by on Mar. 19, 2012 at 3:25 PM

No, I don't think you are.  Taking a nap when you have other people's kids at your house is crazy.  She sounds like an awesome mom.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 19, 2012 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I HAVE A CAT FOR THAT:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2012 at 3:32 PM

bump

MamaLub
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2012 at 3:33 PM
Wow that's insane! I can't imagine if a child drowned. Now you'll have to make sure the kids don't go over there
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Mar. 19, 2012 at 3:34 PM

first one yes second one no

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 19, 2012 at 3:35 PM
agree with you! Thats how things happen.
PeaceandLove2U
by on Mar. 19, 2012 at 3:35 PM

You have not overreacted in either situation. How irresponsible that other parent is! Unbelieveable!

CAgirlMNboy
by on Mar. 19, 2012 at 3:38 PM
You are not overreacting at all. I would not even think about napping if I had someones child over that I should be watching. I don't even take a nap of my dd is awake. I would find out if she really was sleeping or if the kids just did not know and said that. Not justifying it I just know that my neighbors kids will say that and when I walk in the house she is there in the kitchen.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy4000
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Not at all. I am the same way. If your children are at my home they will be supervised at all times and I expect the same if my children are in your home. It's really not too much to ask. If she needs her sleep that bad she should at least have the courtesy to let you know it's not a good time for your son to play at her house.

KaylinCC
by on Mar. 19, 2012 at 3:40 PM

You aren't overreacting, in my opinion. I'd be furious.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN