Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MARRIAGE IS A MUST.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 127 Replies

Ladies, do you feel like you're obligated to marry a man even if you are not really in love with him? Just because he proposes to you, do you think that you have to... because, for example: you guys have children together, you've been together for a certain amount of time........

Is it okay to tell him that you're NOT ready to be married at that point in time? Or are you afraid that you may (or will) disappoint him...or he will just walk away from it all..!!

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2012 at 6:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
marchantmom06
by on Mar. 19, 2012 at 6:02 PM
8 moms liked this
Umm no. Marriage is forever. You need to love and be in love with the person you marry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2ljh
by on Mar. 19, 2012 at 6:03 PM
5 moms liked this
I'm not really qualified to answer that as marriage was a requirement prior to having children, for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TrouserMouse
by Emerald Member on Mar. 19, 2012 at 6:03 PM
I messed up on that one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2012 at 6:03 PM
9 moms liked this
Well in my book you should marry and then have children. If he's good enough to procreate with why isn't he good enough to marry?
parentalrights1
by on Mar. 19, 2012 at 6:05 PM

No you don't have to get married if you don't want to. Not for any reason. People can make their own decisions and hope for the best.

mich.el.le
1 mom liked this

Why are you (general) with someone you're not in love with in the first place?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2012 at 6:05 PM

Ok well answer this for me pls...! If you do love the guy and he proposes, but you're not quite ready to be married..do you say "yes" to his proposal anyway!! Or must one know the reason why they're not ready..

Quoting marchantmom06:

Umm no. Marriage is forever. You need to love and be in love with the person you marry.

kemmerer411
No!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
parentalrights1

That being said, you wouldn't believe how many weirdos on here think that parents should be allowed to choose their child's spouse.... yeah.

moneysaver6
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2012 at 6:08 PM
3 moms liked this

I never felt obligated to marry anyone.  I felt more than free to turn down a proposal and did just 2 months before I met my husband. 

However, I also made choices like deciding to wait until marriage before having sex (and therefore children) that gave me the freedom to make choices that only concerned ME and not others as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured