Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I do not get it, can you help me GET IT?

Posted by   + Show Post

This is a post about racial discourse.

I posted THIS, a few weeks ago here.

With all the attention to the Treyvon Martin case, I just do not get it.

Here is one of the ONLY updates I am able to find to the original story I posted, about a white kid being set afire FOR BEING WHITE.

Link: http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/45082

Excerpt:

<<As has already been reported, Allen was a victim of a vicious racial attack last week in which two older black teens doused him with gasoline and set him alight, saying “This is what you deserve. You get what you deserve, white boy.” Not surprisingly, Coon has pulled her son out of East High and, concerned about further racial violence, intends to leave the K.C. area.

While this crime is making headlines, Coon states that it was merely the horrible culmination of continual racial harassment her son had to endure at East High. Moreover, after conducting an investigation that included extensive interviews with parents and students, I’ve learned that Coon’s son is not alone. Other white students also report a pattern of racial harassment at the high school at the hands of their peers – and, shockingly, their teachers.
>>

So again, I have to ask WHERE IS THE OUTRAGE? WHY is outrage race specific?

UGH

Where is/was the "black community" when a white boy was set on fire by black boys?

What am I missing here folks???????

by on Mar. 19, 2012 at 10:25 PM
Replies (21-25):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 20, 2012 at 8:39 AM

Here's the thing, and this does not excuse any kind of behavior because this is terrible, but anytime there is a minority (in this case - the white children) there will be a certain level of harassment.  It doesn't matter.  Think about situations where there is only one woman in a factory full of guys - she gets tortured.  Yes, it's against the law but that doesn't mean it isn't going to happen.  Different gets picked on.  This in no way excuses the conduct of the idiots who set this child on fire.  There are some major issues there, but I think it needs to be stated.  

AnnieMcD
by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 8:42 AM

I suppose it's balanced out by the fact that we only hear about pretty white kids who get kidnapped...

ummsumulaiooh
by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 8:45 AM

any crime against a child of any nature is horrific and needs  to be addressed if it is not national news then i can only assume that maybe the news outlet dealing with the story is not national ,i have never heard of neither story but maybe as a people we need to show more outrage against any and all  crime especially crimes against children racial or other wise if their is not enough outrage in that community than it speaks volumes about that communities racial undertones so instead of saying where is this person ,where is that person ,where is the outrage crusade on behalf of that child and racial injustice on behalf of both those children who are victims if ignorance and hate ,i am logging off cafe mom now to look up both cases and see what i can do to help both families.

Radarma
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Quoting AnnieMcD:

I suppose it's balanced out by the fact that we only hear about pretty white kids who get kidnapped...

Um, no, it's not.

Did you see where the most recent case of a brown kid missing the father of said kid is being charged with murder? Any idea how many times that happens? Any idea how that shapes LE reaction?

Radarma
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2012 at 11:21 AM

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Dar, it sounds like you are falling victim to what the media wants you to believe.  The media is long known to portray images of people the way they want and contort them to cause dramatic effect. Drama is how they make their money. Kidnappings happen every day.  Mostly, we hear about little white girls that have some dramatic, crazy story behind their disappearance/death.  Racial violence happens every single day.  Mostly, we hear about situations where a black man is involved and a gun. Usually, we do hear about the white man with the gun more.  Almost every story we hear about some white man killing a black person involves some misuse of power or authority, like a cop to a citizen or an adult to a child.  Sometimes the black man has the gun and sometimes the white man has the gun.

Bullying happens every day.  We only hear about when some grown woman bullies a young girl to the point of suicide. Gay bashing happens every day, but we only hear about it when some redneck guys leave the poor boy to die on the side of the road.

Rapes, stabbings, shootings, kidnappings, gay bashings, child abuse, etc...all happen every single day.  What we see and hear about the most is what the media knows will cause alarm and emotional response among the people.  

Do you personally know ANY black people raising their children to hate whites?  I don't. I have been surrounded by black people all of my life.  I do know that I am white and was raised to hate blacks and anyone different than me.  My entire childhood was a series of slurs and hate speech. Luckily, it didn't work.

You have to remember that the media picks and chooses what it wants us to see. It emphasizes the stories that they know will keep pulling people back in.  You may be able to find one story of racial violence against a white person that did not blow up in the media, but do you think every single white on black instance of racial violence is blown up?  When was the last time you heard of a white man killing a black child or any black person? It doesn't happen very often, but yet we know there are hate crimes every day. When we have audio tape, when we have video tape, when we have someone abusing their authority, etc...these are the stories we are going to hear.  

I 100% believe that the media and politics/government fuel every fire they can to keep distrust and disharmony among the people (not just racially, but through politics, religion, sex).  They are constantly feeding us things to hate and be angry about. An unstable citizenship depends more on the government.  Disharmony creates weakness and dependence. It is a fact.

Quoting Radarma:

Quoting Anonymous:

Why do you care so much about racial issues? I equate your screen name with such posts.

LOL, And I equate your SN with a WUSS.

Because I am TIRED of seeing white people outright DEMONIZED.

Somehow, somewhere, in the past 15 years, this became acceptable.

I birthed TWO NON RACIST and INNOCENT white people. I care, greatly.

I also care GREATLY about the MANY black kids who are being raised to hate the "white man". Fuck, someone needs to care.

No, I don't hang around people who teach hate.

But I have met a plenty here.

You want to talk about positions of power, don'tcha think the "teacher" in the arti I linked is in a position of power? Reads to me like she is helping poison minds.

Look up "white studies" Mel.

Consider WHY we are not moving forward, it's a lot more complicated than most believe.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)