Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

what's wrong with me???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

i feel so terrible, i know i'm about to get bashed, but anyway i have a really hard time getting motivated, i'm a stay at home mom and i take care of my 3 month old, i do fine with him i do everything he needs and i play with him and hold him but when it comes to house work i just literally can't find the motivation, it's so unlike me cuz i used to be a clean freak, now with that said my living room and kitchen are usually straight, but never as clean as it used to be, the floors need swept and mopped i need to dust and all that stuff, but as far as mine and my dh's room...its a complete mess!! i'm so behind on laundry it's thrown everywhere, i just don't know whats wrong with me i'm so embarrased! i feel like such a horrible wife, my husband is so sweet about it though, he tells me i do the most important job which is taking care of our son! 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2012 at 9:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sarahv717
by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 9:12 AM
It seems like you are overwhelmed more than anything. Have you asked anyone for help to get you caught up on everything? Have you talked to your dh? He more than likely would help out with things if you would just ask.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iuangina
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2012 at 9:13 AM

Don't worry about it.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 20, 2012 at 9:18 AM

There is NOTHING 'wrong' with you.

You're a new mother, which is itself incredibly exhausting. Your body just physically went through a major "trauma" (as doctors call it), your internal clock is totally out of whack, and this being you've been carrying for 9 months in your warm, protective body, is not outside of you, exposed ot the world and seems so very fragile and vulnerable. That's the joys and terrors of being a new parent. You're not a horrible wife, you're NORMAL. What you're feeling is NORMAL. And the good news is it gets better. (Medical studies show that it takes a  minimum of 6 months for your body to completely recover from birth, phsyically and emothionally).

Try not to be so hard on yourself. Every single mom I know experienced exaclty or very similar to what you're feeling right now. Just be good to yourself, and enjoy your 3 month angel.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 20, 2012 at 9:21 AM
Three months is still new. You might still get back to your old ways. I was similar; a total neat, clean freak before my dd was born. But it is overwhelming to try to get everything done, especially in the beginning. And sometimes it's such a mess everywhere that I feel like there's no point in even getting started. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 20, 2012 at 9:22 AM

maybe you are suffering slightly from Postpartum depression? You might talk to your doctor about it? I know depression can effect your motivation. you could just have a mild case!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 20, 2012 at 9:23 AM
Isn't there a saying... A messy house means a good mom ..or something like that. It goes by fast, try to enjoy the baby and let yourself off the hook.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 20, 2012 at 9:26 AM

your husband is right, your son is the most important job right now.  Housework will always be there, laundry will always be there, but your time with your son is irreplaceable

farther
by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 9:29 AM

when my kids were babies I would set the timer for myself when they were napping and clean what I could for 30-45 minutes, it took a week or so, but I got caught back up. Having a new baby wreaks havoc on your schedule! hang in there!

caidensmommy625
by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 9:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Girl dont beat yourself up. I have a 2 yr old and my baby is 4 wks old. My house stayed clean all the way till I had her. Now its a mess all the time. I cant catch up on laundry or if I do get it caught up, it never gets put away. I try to keep the house up, but with the kids its just to much right now. By the time dh gets home from work or the kids are asleep, im too tired. So just wanted to let you know you are not alone, and thats no reason to be bashed. If you ever need to talk to someone, message me. I often feel the exact same way. Itll get better!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 20, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Why do people use kids as an excuse for not cleaning their houses? Too me that is a damn good excuse to have a clean house!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)