Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Opposite or like your DH?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies

Are you and your dh/so alike in looks or personality?

Or are you opposites in every way?

What are the pros and cons of your relationship? 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2012 at 9:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mybabysmama35
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Me and dh are more opposite than we are alike. I think that's what made me fall in love with him. As far as pros and cons go sometimes we fight about the stupidest things! I need to learn to keep my mouth shut!!! For the most part we get along pretty good. We used to fight alot but we've grown up alot and now things are really good! We work as a team and just try to appreciate each other and not take each other for granted. One thing I've learned in almost 17 years of marriage is that communication and respect are keys to making it work. I try to be thankful for him and realize that he loves me and he loves our girls. 

Dayciavu
by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 10:53 AM

I think out personalities are a lot alike and a lot different. We balance each other out.

Kaybean
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2012 at 10:54 AM
We are more opposite than we are alike. He's into different music than I am, and his interests are different than mine for the most part. Our personalities are alike though. The same sense of humor in many ways, we're both the affectionate/cuddle type, we have the same sex drive (hehe), have the same basic morals and beliefs, and want the same things in life.

Not everyone in here has a DH though. You should include SO's.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Orionsgirl
by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 10:55 AM

We definitely balance each other. We handle situations differently, we each have different strengths, I think we are a good pair.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2012 at 10:55 AM
We are total opposites.
spastic_poodle
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2012 at 10:55 AM
Opposite in eeeeverything possible way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyFlood
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2012 at 10:55 AM
Complete opposites.
We fit together because he's strong where I'm weak and I'm strong where he's weak. It's never boring.
Pros...there's no struggle for "power" in the relationship. I'm more like the dom and he's more of the sub (just using those as descriptions we are not in a Dom/sub relationship).
Cons would be that sometimes we are SO different it's tough to compromise. But it works :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2012 at 10:56 AM

We are very different in most ways, but we share alot of the same values. I can't think of any cons except I'd like to spend more time with him, but I can never get enough time with him, all day every day would be great, he's my best friend.

Cake.Lady
by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 10:56 AM
We are opposite in every way lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
danie24
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2012 at 10:57 AM
We're a pretty close match.

We have the same views on life, health, parenting, politics, science, religion, etc. and we enjoy the same activities. Everything from paintball to hiking to video games lol

So our personalities are a match for sure :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)