Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

if you were going to splurge....

Posted by   + Show Post

on something really nice and expensive (think shoes, a bag, a dress, etc) would you go for something classic and signature so it can be worn with everything or would you go with something funky because hey if your going to spend it it should look like it!

i'm torn.  SO is buying me a pair of Christian Louboutin's for my bday (in April).  he told me to pick out the pair i want and send him the link.  i've wanted a pair forever! and always said if i was going to get a pair i'd go with a classic black patent leather pair that i can wear with anything. but now i'm thinking maybe i should get a crazy bright color or something. like hot pink or cheetah print. i have no idea! lol

what would you do?

by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 10:46 AM
Replies (11-20):
HP3HP3
by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Go wild! Today's trends you could where hot pink with green and cheetah with everything!  Have fun!

lilbit53009
by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 11:00 AM
1 mom liked this

thanks guys...i know i should go with classic.

but when i went on the site i was second guessing myself after seeing all the pretty colors and patterns lol

3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Mar. 20, 2012 at 11:00 AM

Quoting bmw29:

Classic
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stephd710
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2012 at 11:03 AM

I would go with crazy. Leopard print goes with (almost) anything too!  If I were to buy something high end like that, I would want them to be different and really look like it...not like a pair I could have got at Payless.  I have a really crazy pair of shoes I bought that are zebra, white leather, pink leather, and have a gold chain clasp.  They are insane.  But you would be surprised how many outfits they go with!  Crazy Crazy Crazy!!! 

highlandmum
by Spunky on Mar. 20, 2012 at 11:06 AM

I have a pair of black ones from a collection a few years ago.  They last forever, so I would go with black.  You will get multiple years out of them this way.

KitschyGirl
by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 11:06 AM
I wouldn't buy black pumps, because I like designers for style over status. There is nothing special about a black pump, red bottom or not. I would get something versatile but it would have to be stylish.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Mar. 20, 2012 at 11:17 AM

Classic, that's what I got for my birthday

itsm3
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2012 at 11:41 AM

i would def go with something classy that i would use for years to come and something that could be used daily; not just during special events/occasions

visit me at my blog:  vodka and soda | www.lifeinprogress.ca

i'm charting my progress of the 30-day shred  |  journey to a healther me

USCmomax4
by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 11:43 AM
CLASSIC. Classic never goes out style. Mine don't! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bundleofjoy22
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2012 at 11:46 AM
Classic, need to get my money's worth out of whatever it is, be a bag jewelry or shoes.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)