Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm an angry black woman today!!

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2012 at 6:23 PM
  • 68 Replies

I have this gym membership and it costs 19.99 a month. I never really look at the date they take it out but they do. Well, I lost my debit card and I put a hold on the account and I guess during these 3 days that the card was on hold the gym tried to take their payment out and it was denied. They called me YESTERDAY and I explained the situation and they said oh, it will be okay. We will charge you 19.99, just bring us a voided check so we can take it out of your checking account and we won't charge you the 29.99 fee for it being late and we will give you a free gym bag. I was like okay, I'll do that. I look at my account today and I was charged 29.99! Really? So I call the gym and the manager gets on the phone and I explained to her the situation and she says...everything was in your contract..and I tell her I UNDERSTAND THAT, BUT the lady I spoke to yesterday told me they wouldn't charge me 29.99 IF I brought that information to them and that they would give me a FREE gym bag, and she says...well we never know when the company is going to take the late fee out and it can come out anytime after the 17th..and she says AGAIN it was in your agreement.

I said I UNDERSTAND THAT BUT THE LADY YESTERDAY DID NOT MENTION THIS TO ME...and she said AGAIN...it was in your agreement...and I said IN A VERY NICE WAY ...it would have helped if the lady on the phone would have told me that I could still be charged extra...and you know what she said again...IT WAS IN YOUR AGREEMENT...I just got frustrated and told her to have a good day.

I was trying to make this lady aware that if she told hear employees that the customer could still be charged then it would have saved a whole phone call but she acted as if she didn't want to her what I had to say and kept repeating EVERYTHING IS IN YOUR AGREEMENT. 

So now I'm just fustrated.

Am I wrong for feeling this way? I can take honest opinions.

by on Mar. 22, 2012 at 6:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 22, 2012 at 6:26 PM
6 moms liked this

VertaBaybee
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Lol. That's how I feel. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 22, 2012 at 6:27 PM
2 moms liked this

momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2012 at 6:27 PM

You're not wrong for feeling that way. I would be irritated too. I know it's in the agreement but I would still be upset. 

Miss-B
by ‚ô•Divalicious‚ô• on Mar. 22, 2012 at 6:27 PM
2 moms liked this
Why that title? Don't feed the people! Well, I really can't tell you what to do. LOL!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VertaBaybee
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2012 at 6:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Lol. It was catchy.

Quoting Miss-B:

Why that title? Don't feed the people! Well, I really can't tell you what to do. LOL!!!

kiralyn
by on Mar. 22, 2012 at 6:29 PM

Wtf? I would have gotten mad when she kept saying "it's in your agreement" over and over like I was an idiot. You aren't wrong.

hp2011
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2012 at 6:29 PM
2 moms liked this

Cool, but what does being black have to do with anything?

JW.

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Mar. 22, 2012 at 6:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Well technically the written agreement always trumps any sort of oral agreement, but I'd be just as irritated as you. The other employee probably didn't know what she was talking about when she told you that stuff about the fee being waived and getting the free gym bag.

Is this gym a national chain or is it locally owned? I would ask for the owner if it's local or the corporate office if it's a chain.
VertaBaybee
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2012 at 6:32 PM

I know. That was her answer for everything, she even said AND YOU SIGNED IT over and over again too.

Quoting kiralyn:

Wtf? I would have gotten mad when she kept saying "it's in your agreement" over and over like I was an idiot. You aren't wrong.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)