Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Response To Breastfeeding Post

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2012 at 7:58 PM
  • 180 Replies
4 moms liked this
I will not call someone a bad mom for choosing to formula feed but I do think it's a poor choice. I don't see why someone educated would choose something so inferior and so expensive.

I don't think saying truths is bashing but I feel that many FF moms get offended when they hear "Breast is best." It's not my fault that I chose to follow the facts and the research, there is absolutely no reason to be offended when someone is proud of the choice they made. 97% of us have the ability to breastfeed our babies, don't be angry at other people if they say your choice was poor. You need to be happy with your choice no matter what.

Formula is a norm in our society, I accept that and would never base someones parenting soley on their choice to breast or formula feed. But I think it is totally fine to say breast is best and choosing not to breastfeed isn't the best choice.

And just to disclose, I mean this in a manner that most people can breastfeed. I fully understand that there are situations or medical conditions that would make it a bad choice. Formula was created to feed babies who's mothers couldn't, or who have passed away.

I also want to say that I tried to word this in the best way I could. Truly trying to defend non-bashing forms of explaining why breastfeeding is superior to formula.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 23, 2012 at 7:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Chuckydoodle
by on Mar. 23, 2012 at 8:01 PM
4 moms liked this

I never once considered breast feeding, and yet those that do it don't bother me any. 

luvmymunchkins3
by on Mar. 23, 2012 at 8:02 PM
who gives a crap i mean really so what if someone didnt want to bf
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmymunchkins3
by on Mar. 23, 2012 at 8:02 PM
3 moms liked this
well not everyone wants to be used a human cow

Quoting wkukid:

I don't believe in bottle feeding unless the woman physically can't breast feed.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elrikandisis
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2012 at 8:03 PM
I'm done having kids so idc either way
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stephd710
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2012 at 8:05 PM
I didn't "choose" to formula feed. My body didn't give me a choice. I had twins and they were three weeks early. I had no milk. I pumped and pumped and could barely manage to get one bottle full all day. So formula it was.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommasbabies77
by on Mar. 23, 2012 at 8:07 PM
My response to that....burp
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mare1180
by on Mar. 23, 2012 at 8:07 PM
4 moms liked this

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsErdos2011
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2012 at 8:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I offer help and support if a mom wants to bf and the same if she wants to ff. I don't like it when I get asked a question and a mom flips because of my answer. I feel that if you don't think you're not going to like an answer you shouldn't ask the question.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

PitaPata Dog tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

sarahfire
by Gold Member on Mar. 23, 2012 at 8:08 PM
4 moms liked this
Well. I think it was a "poor choice" to make this post. Haha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommasbabies77
by on Mar. 23, 2012 at 8:08 PM
what is a legitimate medical reason to not bf?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured