Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Atheist...........................

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 209 Replies

What exactly do you believe?

Why do you believe it?

What makes sense about your beliefs to you?

If someone was considering becoming and Atheist what would be the ONE thing you would say to them?

Disclaimer:

This is not a post to bash Atheist or any of religion. If you are here to bash, mak fun of act like a child then leave. We are adults so lets act like it. If you really have the need to make fun then go and be a child and make your own post. Ok thank you  :)

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 24, 2012 at 11:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 24, 2012 at 11:18 AM

If somene I knew chose to become an Atheist., I would just tell them, it is definitely their choice and that nobody..not even God can or will force you to become anything else (something or someone that you don't want to become).

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 24, 2012 at 11:20 AM

are you an atheist?

Quoting Anonymous:

If somene I knew chose to become an Atheist., I would just tell them, it is definitely their choice and that nobody..not even God can or will force you to become anything else (something or someone that you don't want to become).

FandJ513
by on Mar. 24, 2012 at 11:23 AM
4 moms liked this
Haha, I posted a post almost exactly like this yesterday. I am an atheist. I do not believe in god or any type of being. I don't believe there is anything. When you die your dead and nothing else. I believe this because this is just how I feel for one thing but, I don't see how anyone could actually believe the bible is real. I think its a story. A made up story written over several years. Im not saying anything bad about anyone who does believe. I do not judge others for their beliefs but, I just don't understand how anyone can believe in some man in the sky.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
haydsmom2007
by Gold Member on Mar. 24, 2012 at 11:23 AM
3 moms liked this

Atheist means you don't believe there is a god.

Why? It makes more sense (to me) to ask why someone WOULD believe in god. It's illogical. 

And I don't really understand your last question. How does one decide to become an atheist? It seems to me that it would be more of a realization. I don't understand how people can be expected to just "decide" to believe in something or not believe in something. I can't just decide to be a Christian and believe in god and the bible and all that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 24, 2012 at 11:43 AM

lol. why do you think the bible is made up?

what has lead you to believe that?

Quoting FandJ513:

Haha, I posted a post almost exactly like this yesterday. I am an atheist. I do not believe in god or any type of being. I don't believe there is anything. When you die your dead and nothing else. I believe this because this is just how I feel for one thing but, I don't see how anyone could actually believe the bible is real. I think its a story. A made up story written over several years. Im not saying anything bad about anyone who does believe. I do not judge others for their beliefs but, I just don't understand how anyone can believe in some man in the sky.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 24, 2012 at 11:45 AM
2 moms liked this
You don't "think about becoming an atheist." It's just a name for someone who basically doesn't have a religion and knows god doesn't exist. You either are or you're not. You don't decide to become one.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 24, 2012 at 11:46 AM

im sorry you dont understand my question. there is no other way i can think to word it. 

Maybe you are misunderstanding. If i was not happy in my religion and was questioning the entire exsitence of god what would you say to me to make me consider being an Atheist?

I never said anything about just deciding. I am talking about information

Quoting haydsmom2007:

Why? It makes more sense (to me) to ask why someone WOULD believe in god. It's illogical. 

And I don't really understand your last question. How does one decide to become an atheist? It seems to me that it would be more of a realization. I don't understand how people can be expected to just "decide" to believe in something or not believe in something. I can't just decide to be a Christian and believe in god and the bible and all that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 24, 2012 at 11:47 AM
2 moms liked this

i disagree.  i have known people who have been raised in other religions and after soul searching within themselves they are now atheists

Quoting Anonymous:

You don't "think about becoming an atheist." It's just a name for someone who basically doesn't have a religion and knows god doesn't exist. You either are or you're not. You don't decide to become one.

xtwistedxlovex
by Platinum Member on Mar. 24, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Quoting haydsmom2007:

That's how it was for me. I thought of myself as agnostic for a long time because I acknowledge the fact that I am not all-knowing and therefor do not have the answers. But one day I just realized that it was all so illogical there was no way I could ever possibly believe it, so technically I was/am actually atheist. Not a choice at all, more of a revelation.

caito
by Ruby Member on Mar. 24, 2012 at 11:49 AM
3 moms liked this

1. I don't believe in anything supernatural, including a higher power.

2. No proof, no personal experience. I believe what I can see and what can be proven.

3. Everything makes sense, that's why it's my beliefs.

4. Follow your heart.

Quoting Anonymous:

What exactly do you believe?

Why do you believe it?

What makes sense about your beliefs to you?

If someone was considering becoming and Atheist what would be the ONE thing you would say to them?

Disclaimer:

This is not a post to bash Atheist or any of religion. If you are here to bash, mak fun of act like a child then leave. We are adults so lets act like it. If you really have the need to make fun then go and be a child and make your own post. Ok thank you  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN