Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I DON'T WANT YOUR MOM IN MY ROOM

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 4:04 PM
  • 111 Replies
DH and I were just speaking about delivery day and I said that him and my mother was who I expect to be in delivery room with me and he got all nasty like well you know my mother is going to want to be In there..... Ummmm why would I know that? And no she's not I don't feel comfortable with having her in there! And he says I just don't understand ... Well idk what it Is that I don't understand but I do know I don't want your mom in there... Who was in delivery room with you and do you think I'm wrong?
by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 4:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RiotousDigits
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2012 at 4:05 PM

only person in not on staff in my room was DH.  Exactly how i wanted.

young_lv_mom
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2012 at 4:06 PM
4 moms liked this
Ask him if he is cool with your mom watching him get his colin checked out. When he goes no, ask him why you should be good with his mom seeing your lady parts. They don't get it b/c they don't have to be the one withthelegs in the air.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Melonie
by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 4:06 PM
Nope, my dh was there and my mom but she was off to the side so she couldnt see anything, and I didnt really want her there either. But I had to have a csection anyway. Is this either of y'all mothers first grandkids?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AMCMSM
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2012 at 4:07 PM
8 moms liked this

DH and my mom. His mom did not really want to be in there but, his sister did. I asked the nurse to get them out. She did it in such away nobody was offended. I'd tell him his mom can be in the room as long as he was naked from the waist down .

You could always schedule him a prostate exam and tell him you invited your dad....

praisinghim2day
by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 4:07 PM
3 moms liked this

Your vagina, your choice :)  When he's the one giving birth, then he can have an opinion.  jmo :)

gummybearjunkie

Only my Dh was in there and that is the only person I wanted. I told everyone way ahead of time to not expect to be in there.

It is you giving birth, it is your choice.

Pumpkin_Lady

No, you're not wrong. You pretty much call the shots as to who can be there and who can't. And unless you have a close bond with your MIL, why would your DH assume that you'd automatically have her there? This isn't about which grandmother is being favored; it's about your comfort, which is very important during delivery.

I had my midwife, her two assistants an my husband there. For the record, I would have felt more comfortable with my MIL being there than my mother, but that's just my situation.

starryeyez23
by Leighsa on Mar. 26, 2012 at 4:08 PM
Just dh was in the room. I had c sections though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kellyg1987
by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 4:08 PM
Just Dh. I had the same problem though, I ended up having a c section so I could only have one person. MIL wanted to be in the room if it was natural birth and I was like uh hell no! Awkward. Your the one pushing the baby out, you should get the ultimate say, however if you want to keep the peace just say you only want your dh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catrig
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2012 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this

You are having the baby  you get to pick who you have in the room.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured