Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Keeping myself from going crazy.

Posted by   + Show Post

A little background: I have major depression and anxiety. I can't get any medication until I get my health card renewed (I'm in Ontario). So getting through each day, for me, even without a baby, is very difficult. It will be weeks before I can get back on medication.

So, I am going pretty much nuts each day with boredom, sadness, etc. Keeping busy helps a little but it's tough to always find something to do. My daughter is very high needs and can only play on her own for about 10 minutes before needing to be held and carried around. I can't carry her around and do chores because most of my chores are two handed jobs. (lol..)

I'm looking for advice from other moms who have been a SAHM to a baby (and no other children at that time) for 8/9 hours a day (my husband's 8-5). Here is a look at my day:

8:00 am baby wakes, bottle. Sit in bouncer and watch baby einstein while I clean kitchen. We cuddle a bit when she starts getting fussy. Then we play on the floor with toys and practice sitting up. Then only 5 minutes tummy time (that's all she'll do.)

9:30 am bottle and down for a nap (during which I read or clean)

11:00 am ish bottle, read a book, be carried around while I do one handed chores, sit in bouncer and play with toys

I find that the afternoon 1pm - 5pm is the hardest to 'get through' since she is getting fussy and it just seems to drag on. I've decided to start taking 1 hour walks after the afternoon nap, which would mean we get back home at about 3 or 4, and then there are still two or so hours we have to occupy ourselves. When her daddy gets home she's so excited and they play together until bedtime because he hasn't seen her all day.

Sorry if that was long. I am wondering what other moms schedules look like, and what other activities (for a 6 month old) we could fit in there to make the day more fun and go by faster/keep her happy.. and me, too. Once I get back on my medication and into group therapy I know I will be much happier and more motivated.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

by on Mar. 27, 2012 at 10:18 AM
Replies (31-34):
EmmaGlenn20
by Platinum Member on Mar. 27, 2012 at 1:25 PM

I have one, but it's sooo difficult to get on and it just ends up hurting my back pretty badly since I have had back problems ever since my epidural :( But that is an AMAZING idea nonetheless, I know it helps tons of moms. I'm thinking of shopping around for a little seat or something for her to be able to sit in when I'm cleaning (seeing as she can sit up on her own, but flops over sometimes) Thanks for the suggestions, I'll check out the things you mentioned!!

Quoting First_One_8_18:

Have you thought about getting a carrier? My DD was SUPER intense and if I wasnt within 5 ft of her for the entire first year, she would basically have a panic attack. Soft structure carriers ( I have a babyhawk and an Ergo) saved my sanity! I also used wraps n a bunch of other kinds, as well.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

JessieG978
by on Mar. 27, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Just be patient sounds like your doing the best you can :) find some activities you can do google some

First_One_8_18
by Gold Member on Mar. 27, 2012 at 1:35 PM

Bumbo chairs r amazing, too!!

Quoting EmmaGlenn20:

I have one, but it's sooo difficult to get on and it just ends up hurting my back pretty badly since I have had back problems ever since my epidural :( But that is an AMAZING idea nonetheless, I know it helps tons of moms. I'm thinking of shopping around for a little seat or something for her to be able to sit in when I'm cleaning (seeing as she can sit up on her own, but flops over sometimes) Thanks for the suggestions, I'll check out the things you mentioned!!

Quoting First_One_8_18:

Have you thought about getting a carrier? My DD was SUPER intense and if I wasnt within 5 ft of her for the entire first year, she would basically have a panic attack. Soft structure carriers ( I have a babyhawk and an Ergo) saved my sanity! I also used wraps n a bunch of other kinds, as well.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.” ~Mahatma Ghandi

EmmaGlenn20
by Platinum Member on Mar. 27, 2012 at 1:37 PM

So I've heard! I think I might go shopping tonight haha

Quoting First_One_8_18:

Bumbo chairs r amazing, too!!

Quoting EmmaGlenn20:

Quoting First_One_8_18:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN