Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

really? slavery?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 12:03 AM
  • 15 Replies
Recently I responded to a post about publing nursing, replying that I personally don't have a problem with it, but I know that my hubs is uncomfortable with it so I respect his feelings. Someone responded to that asking me if I was aware that slavery was abolished years ago, can someone please tell me when respecting the feelings of the man you love and choose to spend your life with became slavery?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 12:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mare1180
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 12:05 AM
maybe she was responding to a different post? Who knows
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 28, 2012 at 12:07 AM
3 moms liked this
I cant stand extremists.. especially extreme feminists who seem to think loving actions must equal submissivness or abuse. ugh.
Some people take things way too far
ABMommyto2
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 12:08 AM
Simple answer, the responding person was a whack job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetieiv
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2012 at 12:10 AM
I dont think you are a elave but i do think your dh is dumb.it is your body and if you decide to breast feed then it applies to nusing while out. What you can do is cover yourself up with a thin blanket for modesty. Every woman should respect her SO but he should also respect that the needs of his baby are more important than his own wants.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
echoishername
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2012 at 12:11 AM
1 mom liked this

While I think the leap was a bit extreme, I can see where they are coming from. I only breastfed for a short time, but I did not care who I did it in front of. It never bothered my husband. I think the leap is made because there is a lack of understanding such discomfort over something that is supposed to be natural.

Radarma
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Can I tell you when? Nope.

LOL! Crazies have internet. HIIIIIDE.

briansmommy2010
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2012 at 12:12 AM

I'm hoping that she was responding to the wrong post, because that makes NO sense, LOL.

kmorales7690
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2012 at 12:12 AM
He didn't ask me not to do it, just made a comment once about how it made him feel a little uneasy, so I made the decision myself, I always pumped extra so I could carry bottles, and carried the pump along to keep the supply going, ut made things more challenging at times but oh well

Quoting sweetieiv:

I dont think you are a elave but i do think your dh is dumb.it is your body and if you decide to breast feed then it applies to nusing while out. What you can do is cover yourself up with a thin blanket for modesty. Every woman should respect her SO but he should also respect that the needs of his baby are more important than his own wants.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetieiv
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2012 at 12:17 AM
Well as long as your where happy with what you were doing then that's deffinately not slavery. Some people make things way too far.

Quoting kmorales7690:

He didn't ask me not to do it, just made a comment once about how it made him feel a little uneasy, so I made the decision myself, I always pumped extra so I could carry bottles, and carried the pump along to keep the supply going, ut made things more challenging at times but oh well

Quoting sweetieiv:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GoneBad31
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 12:24 AM

My guess is he has probably heard some pervy guy make comments about breastfeeding and he doesn't want any other guy looking at you in that way. I say that because it happened to me when I stayed with my XSIL for a few weeks after Hurricane Katrina because the black mold was being removed from my house. XSIL's  BF was a total PERV and would make sick comments while I was BFing and was always trying to get me to remove my nursing blanket so he could watch me breastfeed. He made me so uncomfortable that I would go lock myself in the bathroom to breastfeed.

I don't think it makes you a slave, your SO probably has his reasons behind what he asked you even if it isn't anything like what I mentioned. You respected his feelings and still fed the baby breastmilk. You made a compromise without compromising you or your child, nothing wrong with that at all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN